Here's an idea... Why no HD via HITS??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In the early days of C band the programmers sold direct to us. The reason they bailed was it cost allot to run the backend to answer phones and deal with the subscriptions. I used to deal With HBO, Showtime, Disney, etc. I'll never forget when Disney first went VC-2, I called to subscribe. They were so happy to have me as a subscriber that they sent me a free Disney channel mug and special edition coffee cup set. (that was 1988) Now they spit in our face and tell us we can't have there channel on C band. Man have times changed. :(

True, but in 1988 the internet wasn't readily available nor was the web interface invented yet. Both of which now exist and as EBAY has proven, live operators and telephones in a call center are no longer needed. Do every thing via the web. I think they will figure it out I really do. If Dish and DTV keep raising rates people will look for other alternatives and if that means ala cart then so be it.

True, but in 1988 the internet wasn't readily available nor was the web interface invented yet. Both of which now exist and as EBAY has proven, live operators and telephones in a call center are no longer needed. Do every thing via the web. I think they will figure it out I really do. If Dish and DTV keep raising rates people will look for other alternatives and if that means ala cart then so be it.

Yes, but keep in mind not everyone likes doing business over the internet, and sometimes it is a necessity to talk to a live person when you are having an issue. By not having a call center at all you would be alienating those potential customers.

Personally I like being able to go onto a webpage and see exactly what I'm getting before I click "complete checkout". I also work odd hours, so if I have to make the effort to call you during regular bussiness hours and risk being on hold for who knows how long...I'm probably not going to take the time to deal with you, but that's just me. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)