He's Back...Rocky Balboa

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
A big joke! Maybe he should title his movies like Rocky 2006, Rocky 2007, Rocky 2008... enough is enough.... give it up. Since Rocky 2, all of them have been terrible.

Sean Mota said:
A big joke! Maybe he should title his movies like Rocky 2006, Rocky 2007, Rocky 2008... enough is enough.... give it up. Since Rocky 2, all of them have been terrible.
i thought rocky 5 was very good, 3 and 4 were popcorn, not much there but a few entertaining scens. i will go see it

There are two different kinds of movies: the kinds that are meant to win academy awards, and the kinds that are meant to put asses in the seats. The first two Rocky movies were great cinematic pictures. They were dramas. The next two films weren't nearly as good from that perspective and were more action movies, but they held their own. In fact, Stallone's Rocky IV was the #2 grossing film of 1985, and Rambo II was the #3 grossing film of 1985. The fifth Rocky attempted to go back to the drama format, but it was a poorly shot film that looked like it was filmed with a camcorder and had a cast of actors that were so bad that they made Stallone look like Brando. Stallone decided to use his real-life son as his son in the fifth Rocky. In Rocky IV, Rocky was gone in Russia for nearly one full year. In that film his son looks like he's six or seven years old. In Rocky V, one year later his son is a teenager. There was just too much of that crap that didn't make any sense.
The only thing I don't like about this Rocky film (based on the preview) is that they make his opponent out to be widely considered the greatest fighter of all-time. Even though I understand what Stallone is doing, I find it annoying that with each passing Rocky movie he has to make his opponents better and tougher than the previous films. First there was the 'master of disaster' Apollo Creed. Then there was Clubber Lang, followed by Ivan Drago. And now we're to believe that Mason Dixon is greater than Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago were? The common denominator in all of the Rocky films is that Rocky's always got just enough in the tank to take out his foe. If his opponent was any better than what they were, Rocky probably would not have been triumphant. For example, if Rocky was training to fight Clubber Lang and suddenly had to fight Ivan Drago instead, he probably would have gotten his butt handed to him. And since Rocky has been retired for many years, hasn't fought at all and is sixty years old, by them implying that this Mason Dixon might be the greatest of all-time, if Rocky's gonna take him out and beat him, then they're saying that the sixty year old, 20-year retired Rocky is better than the 40-year old champion Rocky ever was. But that's just my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)