HEY DISH, got yer ears on???

benzee1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Cedar Vale, KS
Ok, it's time for Dish (ok, DirecTV too) to have 4 channel recording. This 2 channel stuff is old. I had AT&T Uverse at one time and it used Dish for tv and could do 4 channel recording. Being able to record 2 or 3 channels while watching and pausing a 4th is great. I know, 2 receivers would solve that but it's just not right for the average consumer. Come on Dish, 4 channels, let's go!!!

lparsons21 said:
They already have 4 channel recording with the 722k and 922 (I think). 2 SAT and 2 OTA.

I agree more than two feeds going from the dish to the receivers would be nice. I wish they'd somehow come up with a dvr that would split the signal so if tv2 is recording tv2 can still watch live tv.

That is an awesome feature. I love it on my 922. The OP wants it to be like uverse though. With uverse if your recording four things in hd then no one can watch anything else, and that's just like E*. With E* you could have three 722ks and be recording 12 things inHD at once (6 off the sat, 6 OTA). I know your bill would be high but it is still way possibly. Not a alll possible with uverse.

benzee1 your premise is wrong, you can do that with Dish. Even the 612 does three channels at once. I have two of them and can record 6 channels at once, and still watch two recorded channels at the same time. And in the end actually the Dish receiver is more versatile. I know, my daughter has U-verse....

benzee1 your premise is wrong, you can do that with Dish. Even the 612 does three channels at once. I have two of them and can record 6 channels at once, and still watch two recorded channels at the same time. And in the end actually the Dish receiver is more versatile. I know, my daughter has U-verse....
Here in Connecticut UVERSE has been DOWN a lot lately because of the weather. When UVERSE is down you can not do ANYTHING... You can't even watch your recorded shows on your DVR as to play they your DVR must first contact their DRM server to get permission to play the show back! If the network is down it can no contact that DRM server.

That is an awesome feature. I love it on my 922. The OP wants it to be like uverse though. With uverse if your recording four things in hd then no one can watch anything else, and that's just like E*. With E* you could have three 722ks and be recording 12 things inHD at once (6 off the sat, 6 OTA). I know your bill would be high but it is still way possibly. Not a alll possible with uverse.

In my area, Uverse can still only stream 2 HD at a time.

Here in Connecticut UVERSE has been DOWN a lot lately because of the weather. When UVERSE is down you can not do ANYTHING... You can't even watch your recorded shows on your DVR as to play they your DVR must first contact their DRM server to get permission to play the show back! If the network is down it can no contact that DRM server.

My daughter in New Britain has been telling me she gets a green screen and has no TV from time to time. She actually said "How come we almost never lose the Dish signal!"
That everyone is why I have had dish for almost 15 years. (Yes, almost since their beginning)

My daughter in New Britain has been telling me she gets a green screen and has no TV from time to time. She actually said "How come we almost never lose the Dish signal!"
That everyone is why I have had dish for almost 15 years. (Yes, almost since their beginning)

about half way there like me:D;):) about 15 hyear for me too :)

I was sure that Dish was celebrating a 30th anniversary. :)

I don't how to tell you this...but if anyone says they were watching before 3/16/1996 other than perhaps testers, they are lying ...... Obviously when I say from the beginning I mean from the beginning of actually being able to watch TV using their services. Whitewolf8214 and myself have indeed been subscribers since just about the beginning. (for me June 1996)

Corporation Timeline - About Us - DISH Network

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)