Hey Dish, We need it quickly or somebody else will

I presume you are fully aware that satellite TV is somewhat different than cable TV.

How do you propose satellite TV is supposed to send feedback to the satellite?

And the need is...?

There is only a set dollar amount that famalies have available to spend on TV services. When my kids come home from a sleepover raving about the interactive tv they played on, well, you know where some of my tv money is going to get diverted to.

Kids love the interactive wii game console, myself and another kazillion families made it the # 1 gaming consol first year out.

I presume you are fully aware that satellite TV is somewhat different than cable TV.

Yes

How do you propose satellite TV is supposed to send feedback to the satellite?

Sprint Hopefully, If not, dire consequences for all who dwell in sat. land.

Phoning in to Charlie Chat does not count as interactive

Dish must have a content partner also to stay relevant. Microsoft is in it Big, it is Bill Gates Dream to have a chunk of the new interactive TV market. This is the last frontier for Microsoft, Intel, Apple, Google, Amazon, AT&T,Verizon etc. etc.. This is the Big card game and they are taking no prisoners. Just look at the lengths Microsoft has gone to thus far. Taking over your TV one step at a time. I feel that Dish has some more cards its holding close, I certainly hope so. see links below.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/11/3978082/xbox-entertainment-studios-d-dive-nancy-tellem-yusuf-mehdi

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/25/4264378/xbox-720-next-xbox-details-rumors-specifications

If we have to go to "interactive tv" then I'll probably go back to OTA TV. Won't get many of the shows that I enjoy watching - won't get CNN, etc. But I didn't get those for the first 40 or so years of my TV viewing either. I'll leave the interactive stuff to the youngsters.

If we have to go to "interactive tv" then I'll probably go back to OTA TV. Won't get many of the shows that I enjoy watching - won't get CNN, etc. But I didn't get those for the first 40 or so years of my TV viewing either. I'll leave the interactive stuff to the youngsters.

I totally agree, but you have to admit if you see a good deal on depends, we might just have to click on it:) luckily they plan on offering lineal tv also. The under 40 crowd was raised on interactivity with their computers and they demand it, but wait, we might just see an Old Geezers Network spring up, Wolf Blitzer mixing it up with O'Reilly but then again we would want to vote interactivly for the winner.

Last edited:
Another thread where people forget there are big parts of this country without broadband.

Another thread where people forget there are big parts of this country without broadband.
Only the parts where people choose live out of the reach of the Clarke Belt. It may not be as inexpensive as someone else's service, but living in the boonies will never be without consequences.

Only the parts where people choose live out of the reach of the Clarke Belt. It may not be as inexpensive as someone else's service, but living in the boonies will never be without consequences.

Thanks for reminding me about satellite broadband services, man, that could get expensive when the younger crowd demands it to take advantage of the new ITV services, that is unless the Dish/Sprint combo or competitor can get there quickly, Charlie said he was going to give people what they want, a wireless broadband service at the same price as in home service. We shall see how this all shakes out.

In theory OTA and a phone or Internet connection could offer the same T-Commerce features. IIRC this was in mind when digital TV was being "sold" to decisionmakers.

Just because a feature is there, doesn't mean you have to use it. How much of Word does anybody use?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)