Hey Dishnetwork, heres a clue!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
korsjs said:
we don't know what he is going to do yet.
Well let's look at it logically.

In the past, what has "D" done vs what they've said they'd do ?
In the past, what has "E" done vs what they've said they'd do ?

the fact is we don't know what he is going to do yet. i think people will be charged, but that doesn't change the fact that we don't know yet.

Hmm...I'm moving in July 2005. I might take DTV up on this offer. At least DTV has a gameplan. Dish execs are kinda floating in the clouds...or at least not letting their customers in on what they plan on doing. I've been extremely happy with Dish...but I want more HD content...do I might switch come July when I move.

waltinvt\ said:
Well let's look at it logically.

In the past, what has "D" done vs what they've said they'd do ?
In the past, what has "E" done vs what they've said they'd do ?

That's the scary thing.. dish isn't saying ANYTHING. One blurb, a slip of the tounge during a press conference about MPEG4, and an announcement with the intent to purchase a satellite pending FCC approval. That's about it in the last 6 months.

Dish pushed for Shiva renewal, now stays eerily silent on many many topics when it concerns growth. Maybe when they get some capacity in the sky they'll start talking again.

The rate of innovation there has stagnated. Even the hype machine has stalled. (iRiver-esque PVRs to go are about the only thing even slightly interesting, but it's a gadget, not a revolution).

Bottom line, with the exception of internationals and LILs for markets 150-200, NOTHING substantial has happened since ESPN HD got added in 9/2003. TNT HD has been a disappointment. Nicktoons? please, Charlie had a gun to his head with that one.

They've hit the bandwidth wall, and can't do anything else until either Rainbow 1 clears the feds or the switch to MPeg4 occurs. It's gonna be a LONG 2005 for E* subs.

BobMurdoch said:
The rate of innovation there has stagnated. Even the hype machine has stalled. (iRiver-esque PVRs to go are about the only thing even slightly interesting, but it's a gadget, not a revolution).

Bottom line, with the exception of internationals and LILs for markets 150-200, NOTHING substantial has happened since ESPN HD got added in 9/2003. TNT HD has been a disappointment. Nicktoons? please, Charlie had a gun to his head with that one.

They've hit the bandwidth wall, and can't do anything else until either Rainbow 1 clears the feds or the switch to MPeg4 occurs. It's gonna be a LONG 2005 for E* subs.

Dish does have AMC-15, AMC-16 on-orbit and in testing although I think it has been disappointing to many including myself that it now appears that neither satellite will be used for programming until June. Echostar-10 is also scheduled to be launched in late summer which should open up a lot of bandwidth on the wing slots and maybe some at 105 and 121.

Homonym city

MustangLX89 said:
They'll just whine and cry and sick the lawyers on them saying that it's impossible.
The word is sic since 1845.
That's not nearly as bad as the constant misuse of:
their there they're
its it's
to too two

Some of our moderators do it all the time -- then again, they post a lot and I've made my own mistakes, so who am I to complain.

Reminds me of the story about a high US dignitary (sp) who was to meet a foreigner in the state of Washington. I'll get all the spelling wrong of course but he met Butros Butros Galli there. One Butros in each Walla. Probably was on the Carson late night show and of course he could tell a story a lot better than I can. I'll miss him.

KKlare said:
The word is sic since 1845.
That's not nearly as bad as the constant misuse of:
their there they're
its it's
to too two

Some of our moderators do it all the time -- then again, they post a lot and I've made my own mistakes, so who am I to complain.

Check your dictionary "sick" is the alternate spelling of "sic" - cut the world a break?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts