Hey guys, just a few questions about the job

MBlah

Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
Hey,
I'm curious about the satellite installers/servicers daily tasks. I'm about to start as an installer and I just want to know what to look forward to.

On to the questions...

Basically what hours do you guys work? Do you get a take home vehicle etc?
I'm also wondering about what type of things you are doing each day? Just a bit curious and any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome

Most normal days for me is like this.

Get up around 6:30, get to the office around 7:15 to 7:30. Load all equipment needed for the day making sure I have all supplies to get thought the day, "Wire, connectors, make sure I have not left any of my tools on a previous job.

Arrive at the first Job around 8:30 to 9:00 Work like hell from then on.
The only hard part about the job is figuring out how the hell to get the cable from the dish to the receivers by way of crawling under the house or going in the attic.

Depending on the type of job it is depends on how long it takes. Say if you have 3, 1 receiver jobs for example, "by the way that never happens". The day is a piece of cake even if you have to do a wall fish or some type of special treatment. Some times you can be out till 10:00 or 11:00 at night and make your wife real happy. Most of the time I get home between 6:00 and 7:00.

As far as the vehicle goes it depens on what company you work for. In my current situation I supply my own vehicle and gas. But I am soon starting for a company that supplies all of that :D .

As I said earlier the job is not that difficult except for the occasional a$$ that you cannot please. If you are good with people wich is the most important thing you will be fine.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts