Hey I have fun fixing stuff even when away:)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
Went to phoenix to visit family, replaced dads garbage disposal. time before that fixed a dishwasher and central vac. this time i left a tool kit to make repairs easier next time.

went to brother in laws yesterday, in fredrck maryland, found chuck and fred my father in law woking on lights.

chuck was putting floor down in attic and managed to drill thru a piece of romex, taking out 2nd floor hall lights. when I arrived they were finishing up romex replacement, I was kinda disappointed, I love challenges:)

well a ittle time passed they were stumped, new romex lights didnt work.

4 way set up with lights controlled from 3 locations. they gave me dumb looks when i said 4 way. pulled 3 switches, first 2 only had 3 wires thats wierd should be 4 for this application......

last one had only 3 wires too but it was a X10 setup. hey is the breaker off, YEAH for sure. Yeah they always say that. probed it appeared off, pulled wire nuts got zapped. showed them nice spark to prove hit:(

they happened to have a spare x10 it was replaced since every nite at 10 pm it turned light on. gee you could of fixed that by changing house code, neighbor interference.

oh well the short from the screw in romex fried the X10 no doubt taking out its poer transistor.

I installed the spare x10 sent chuck to turn breaker back on. me and dad in law saw lightss worked, so i turned it off.

chuck arrived back and said did that do it. no when you turned breaker on theres was a spark sorry. poor chucks jaw dropped i turned light on and laughed so hard. chuck said its fixed? yeah! that was nasty joke,..

it was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts