Hey! I'm not leaving!

I'm staying. I don't see anything wrong with Voom. I've never had to call CS, so I can't complain about how long the wait is or bad CSRs. I think Voom should beef up CS just from reading about it here. I had Dish and can't tell the difference in PQ (HD or SD). Home Theater had a side by side comparison of all 3. And the pros at HT could not see any big difference in PQ. HT did say Voom CS was the worst of the 3. HT also said if you want HD to go with Voom hands down. For me it's the most HD bang for the buck. Voom doesn't have a HD PVR, but they will. Dish and Direct has one, but the HT pros couldn't even get one from them for the side by side. As long as Voom is around, I'll be with them.

This is so cool. I did not think the response to this thread would be so high! Even Sean Mota chimed in!!

Glad to see we "happy" VOom customers have a collective voice!

-GT

Exactly!!! I am sick of all the whiners and the negativity that has been going around. I have an idea, if you are unhappy and leaving Voom for D* or E*, don't bother us, go on their forums and badmouth Voom and sing their praises!!!

Sorry...

It is with great remorse that I have to report my inability to be seriously bothered, annoyed or distracted in any significant way by issues such as the micro-stutters, the volume levels on various channels, the mosquito noise and those $&*(*&^!! CSR's. With good conscience and significant effort I also cannot find grievous fault with my STB, my OTA antenna nor my dish. Although I have longed for the day when I would be beside myself with anger over the PQ of the Cinema 10 movies or at least perturbed by their constant repetition I have to admit utter complacency. Based on all that I have read here on this forum I know that VOOM has committed heinous crimes against the state, caused decent people to become whining snivellers and have had the audacity to mock us by broadcasting free events with exceptional PQ let alone confuse us with all of these newly added channels. My apologies to those whose high end projectors and expensive displays allow them to see more and bigger faults and others who have made it their business again and again to repeatedly reiterate redundant recitations on even the most esoteric or minute defect - over and over again. :D Lest I become a pathetic perpetual malcontent myself I sadly see no other course of action but to remain a VOOM customer.

My last remaining hope is that when I get my hands on my first VOOM PVR I'll be able to dissect that motherf***er and be able rip it to shreds here on the forum before some other son of a b*tch beats me to it. :p

Subdude212...... :rolleyes:

ROFLMAO

Had to edit my post because I was laughing so hard I forgot to add in my opinion. Yes, I am very happy with Voom at the moment and don't see myself leaving anytime in the near to distant future. :)

I am also a happy voomer. At least voom don't waist the bandwidth with 6 to 8 shopping channels like D & E.

Count me in! I am staying with VOOM for a long ride! It's fun and a privilege to be a customer of the company that takes HDTV seriously, makes it a reality and is not afraid of standing above the crowd and going to uncharted territories.

You can also count on me staying around this forum, answering questions, helping newbies, updating the FAQs and Issue Lists, etc. Just don't expect me to read through all those whining threads... ;)

andrzej said:
Actually, Ilya, we do. You are one of the mods, and you should take action when necessary. :)
You are right, one of the drawbacks of being a moderator, is not being able to use the "Ignore" list. Sometimes I really wish I could ;)
Glad we have several moderators in this forum, so we can pass some of those responsibilities to each other, if you know what I mean... :yes

VOom is awesome. Installation experience sucked. But, for the past two weeks, I have watch about 95% HD programming. I enjoy most of the exclusives. I've watched a handful of concerts (tori amos, counting crows, wilco, joh hiatt) and my kids love tank. I watched about three flicks in there entirety on cinema10, but i surf them constantly a watch a little here and there. Thrilled to see The Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw, as well as the original Solaris, Magnificant Seven, a a forgotten decent flick dream lover with James Spader.

I've wowed my friends with NASCAR on TNTHD, and a Marlins Game on ESPNHD.

I get all of my locals (West Palm Beach), and even a different markets NBC and PBS (Miami) .

SInce I learned the fix for the OTA bug last week, I've watched almost uninterrupted for over a week without a problem.

I have nothing invested, but the 9.50 per month for one receiver.

Long LIve VOom.

I guess I have to add my voice here. I've only been on VOOM for five days, but everything has been so good (once I figured out I had to plug in my antenna's amplifier for locals!) that I gleefully took my cable box to Charter's office today and cancelled my service. Their HD service was a joke (1 local, HDNet/HDNet movies), HBO HD (eastern), ESPNHD, and Showtime HD (which I didn't subscribe to).

The only reason to keep cable for me would have been the HBO on-demand (free on demand movies and access to HBO programming), but that worked less than half of the time!

I look forward to the new PVR! For now I'll have to use the VCR or look into the $99 Tivo offer. No PVR in my area on Charter, though they've been talking about it for a year!

CDH.

I,m staying.
I really want Voom to succeed.
I am beginning to see incremental improvement, and that is all I ask.

Voom is the battle that will determine if HDTV will be accepted in a timely manner.

randers29259 said:
I'm not leaving I love my Voom, it will be even beter when we get the SCIFI channel and I can drop Bright House cable :)

If the rumors that NBC is planning to expand Bravo HD with Stargate Atlantis and FarScape episodes along with USA's shows like the Monk, you (we!) won't need SCIFI channel per se!

A 10 hour HD-DVR from Comcast for $9.95 a month versus a 0 hour HD-DVR from VOOM. I've only had a DVR for 2 days and don't know how I lived w/o it. I also love the way VOOM continues to charge their customers until their equipment is actually picked up a week after you tell them to deactivate your account. Then they phrase it "You will receive your credit on your unused portion but it may take up to 2 billing cycles to receive it" In other words .. 2 months!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts