hey its been a long time im trying to get back it agian after giving up i got a ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djflako

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
United States
i had given up cuz i got tired of trying to aim the dish know i got a dish installer to aim it for me for 50$
so the ? is can i use a c/ku lnb with multiple stb cuz i think the lnb i got when i first got the dish is fried
thanks in advance

The commom C/Ku LNBF does not have more than one output. You could use a C/Ku orthomode feed horn and 4 LNBs with a multiswitch to supply multiple STBs. The drawback is only one STB can control the dish mover and it's expensive.

thanks then ill just get a geo sat c2 well i have one i just dont think is good cuz no matter what i cant get signal quality i had a bunch on c band when i first got my stuff then it just faded away little at a time how do i chek the lnb to see if its good or bad

had a bunch on c band when i first got my stuff then it just faded away little at a time
Sounds like the pole developed a "LEAN'.
how do i chek the lnb to see if its good or bad
The only absolute test is to install it on a known working dish. Q= How did the "dish installer" align it? Needs to have a working LNB(F) to accomplish that.

he is going to align it when i get the new lnb could be the it developed a lean if it is a lean then ill have to dig it back out and re do the hole thing it is on a small slope thanks all of you

If the dish is mesh and has holes smaller than a quarter inch, or if it is a solid, I would still go with the C/Ku lnb.

If you need to connect to more than one receiver, you can go with a 4x4 22khz switch.

Run the motor or actuator with a gbox or a vbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)