Hgtv/food Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I know that hgtv and food hd aren't supposed to launch until next month but I was wondering if E* already had a deal with them or if we'll be waiting a while on those. I saw they had them on some pictures from CES. I have upgraded to the 211 but right now my wife thinks it is a waste of money. I'm hoping they will launch these soon so it will shut her up. Food Network is probably her favorite channel.

bowens said:
I know that hgtv and food hd aren't supposed to launch until next month but I was wondering if E* already had a deal with them or if we'll be waiting a while on those. I saw they had them on some pictures from CES. I have upgraded to the 211 but right now my wife thinks it is a waste of money. I'm hoping they will launch these soon so it will shut her up. Food Network is probably her favorite channel.

I dont think they gave a month did they? that would be great if they did I mean I am getting my 211 monday so the more channels the better!

Dish did seem to imply that they've already settled the deal on these channels. So we should have them at launch. We had TNT-HD and Discovery-HD at launch too if I remember correctly.

The wife was hemming and hawing about my push to upgrade to the 622.

Then I told her that Food Network HD was coming and the new boxes would be required to get the channel.

End of Argument. Now she wants to know when the channel is coming.

If you're gonna go fishing, make sure you bring the right bait, I always say.....

I need these channels in my house, like, yesterday. The wife has been ok with the SD stuff on their non-HD channels but now she is starting to get used to watching HD content ("wow, Leno looks really good in HD!", "the pairs figure skating looked great today in HD!". And now that the cat is out of the bag about Food HD and HGTV HD, it needs to happen asap. Plus, this will give me extra ammo to upgrade the second room set to an HD set. :)

I know I need them, too. I was a little concerned last night when they mentioned the new HD channels and did not mention Food or HGTV. At the last Charlie Chat they listed these two as coming in the 2Q, and last night no mention. I hope they did not announce these on the Charlie Chat, and now they don't have them. I hope we get them at launch.

I will strongly believe that since they were announced that Charlie already have a deal in place. Charlie has never announced a channel and then find out that he was not able to carry it. I would assume that E* will have them as soon as they launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts