HGTV PQ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Last time I looked at it, the PQ issue was the fact they were taking non-HD 4:3 footage and zooming in on it to make it 16:9.

Aren't most of the commercials still in HD? I'm seeing major breakup of pixels. They just ran a kenmore commercial of a washing machine and when the machine started it's spin cycle the picture went to H*ll:eek:

Aren't most of the commercials still in HD? I'm seeing major breakup of pixels. They just ran a kenmore commercial of a washing machine and when the machine started it's spin cycle the picture went to H*ll:eek:

Those channels in the HGTV, Bravo, Food area have garbage HD quality in the first place, on their end. I wouldn't care if Dish did screw with them as long as they keep the movie channels looking good:).

Those channels in the HGTV, Bravo, Food area have garbage HD quality in the first place, on their end. I wouldn't care if Dish did screw with them as long as they keep the movie channels looking good:).

The Movie channels are getting hacked too. Check out HBOZONE.

That's a special feature of the washing machine to keep dirt away from all of your clothes in general. Basically, it fires out an anti-dirt "EMP" and your clothes look brand new! Unfortunately, since HGTV deals with gardens and thus dirt, it is affected too. ;)

Aren't most of the commercials still in HD? I'm seeing major breakup of pixels. They just ran a kenmore commercia of a washing machine and when the machine started it's spin cycle the picture went to H*ll:eek:

Breakups of pixels are a sign of overcompression. I have not noticed such on DirecTV. HD on HGTV looks fine. Their SD shows are stretched, I never watch them. Too many repeats on those cable channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts