HH90 Reliability Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chuck M

Original poster
May 14, 2006
Hi I got this Fortec setup from Sadoun, but they are not answering too well, so I hope you guys can help.

Receiver is a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA
Motor is HH90
Dish is Fortec as well

Had channels and everything after screwing around with all the settings for awhile.

But had the following issues:

We were out a few degrees on True South how you are not ever I would never understand, after all with tightening the screws and all.

Anyway figured out if we subtracted 6 degrees it worked fine. But after awhile of moving back and forth it would lose channels than we would retune them all subtracting 8 degrees.

So question #1 is how much play is there in these motors and how to react to it.

Now we have 0 movement and I have no clue why. Do these motors fail alot? The only thing that happened was a small rain and windstorm. Nothing terrible in Lawrenceville, NJ....we don't get too much heavy stuff this time of year.

Software says it is trying to move it. Just never does and we end up scanning same weird channels no matter what I do since it is not moving anywhere.

Is there some way to force it to move manually? This is driving me crazy. My wife wants her FTA channels and is driving me nuts as well.

Oh last thing is that the frozen position is very close to my true south, just a tiny bit off.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Chuck

I don't know about the Fortec receiver, but if it has a kill (on/off) switch on the back, cut it off for about 30 seconds, then cut it back on and let it reboot and then see it it starts working again. If the receiver don't have this switch, unplug it from your outlet for about 30 seconds and plug it back in and let it reboot and see if it will work then. If not, I can't think of anything else at the moment, Sorry!

Al

Chuck - The Sadoun forum site appears to be down this weekend so that may be part of the reason you haven't had luck getting ahold of him, that and its a weekend.

Sadoun posts here quite frequently and as a newbie here i've done quite a bit of reading and he really appears to be an good guy to deal with.

I just ordered two Fortec Star Lifetimes from his order site on Sunday evening myself.

If the reset that Voomvoom suggested doesn't work you may have just gotten unlucky and gotten that one bad apple because from the reviews many here own and like that motor.

Anybody else have trouble getting on the Sadoun forum this weekend????

I was able to access it over the weekend. Had to get to the satellite install helper thing (to aim a fixed dish)

Chuck,

I have the same exact setup as you do, which I bought from Sadoun. I think that it's a pretty solid setup (my opinion). I don't think that you should have any worries once you get this figured out.

I'll answer some questions giving you my opinion:
#1) I think that there's negligible play in the motor. I'm really surprised at
the accuracy mine has.

You should be able to move it manually in Diseqc mode.

You can reboot everything to factory settings somewhere in the main menu
( Isn't that a lot of help ? :) ) I had to do this a few times when I first started
figuring mine out...I messed up settings and my motor wouldn't move for certain Satellites. (Turns out that Usals wasn't selected.)

A question: Is you pole plumb and cemented in? Mine isn't (for now) and
rain softens the ground and makes it easy for the wind to move it.

Not very good answers, but maybe someone else can clean up my mess. :)

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.