Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
:no

Not.

"...during the first six months of the year, consumers bought more Blu-ray and HD DVD discs than half inch videotapes for the first time in history."

How disheartening. I didn't know measurable numbers of VHS tapes were still sold.

More here.

The last VHS tape I purchased was The Titanic, while I was in college in 1998. I then went home and watched it, was the first time i'd ever seen it.

The only other VHS tapes I still have are mostly gifts... Down Periscope, a season of South Park, Magnolia, and Akira.

Akira on DVD sucks compared to the VHS version, the US DVD release was redubbed, so the things I remember about it, like Tetsuo yelling his brother's name, sound way different.

My fiancee has boxes of VHS tapes still. She was so into some of her programs (Pretender, Charmed, Dark Angel, and some Invisible Man thing that is not out on DVD, I think Viper too) that she even re-taped them back onto VHS in the order that they aired.

I'm waiting for the Sony Press Release -

"Format War Over! It's now safe to sell your VHS Tape Deck!" declares Sony VP, adding later in his prepared comments: "If consumers had listened to us 25 years ago, they would have never bought into that failed format".

:tux:

:no

Not.

"...during the first six months of the year, consumers bought more Blu-ray and HD DVD discs than half inch videotapes for the first time in history."

How disheartening. I didn't know measurable numbers of VHS tapes were still sold.

More here.
What the f*ck did you expect? A comparison to DVD sales? HD wouldnt even be visible on a graph comparing the two.

Yet the format competition will be decided at the 1% or 2% level. Or so it seems.

Yesterday, I would have disagreed with you. Today, I'm not so sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)