Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

old_guy

Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Hello from the middle of nowhere, Kansas, U.S.A. I am an FTA clueless newbie and am glad I found this site. I had c/band years ago and one thing I missed when I swtiched to DTV was the ability to 'surf' the satellites. I don't have any real equipment yet - still researching. My current thinking is a Pansat 3500 and an Invacom quad polar which I would 'custom' mount on an old 6 foot solid dish left over from c/band days (using an old c/band receiver to position the dish). If I can take the card out of my ancient DTV receiver and put it in the Pansat I would use the pansat for both subscribed tv (thru the stationary 18 inch dish) and free to air tv (thru the 6 foot dish). It may not work but I'm curious so want to try it.
I did want to say thank you to the people of this site. I can only imagine the amount of work and cost involved in keeping a site like this online, and obviously it takes time out of people's lives to respond to questions and share their knowledge. The end result is such a great learning source for those of us starting out and I so appreciate this resource.
Now, back to reading :) :eek:

Welcome aboard guys! :wave

welcom guys! :wave

old guy. I can answer the question for you. You can't take a DirecTv card and put it in a FTA box mainly because they sue different technologies. DirecTv uses their own setup (DSS) whereas the Pansat can pick up DVB signals

Oh well ;)

since the DTV reciever has to stay, guess I'll have to find another way to get the new reciever on the shelf and still satisify the wife factor - wonder if she'd notice if the vcr disappeared ;)

Thanks for the info .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts