Hi, Need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VDS

Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Hi, I am VDS and absolutely new to FTA. I was looking in to FTA for a while, but was not sure. Finally bought a WorldTV system. The system should receive signal from Galaxy 25.
I looked in many places, and it seems this site has the best support.
First I how do I post a question? I tried to post the question below in the chat room, but it looks like I have limits on chat room. Where do I post my Questions? And can someone help me with the question below?
I installed the system per instructions, and everything was fine for about a week. Then we had a thunderstorm. We lost the signal during the storm, but got it back afterwards. Next morning no signal anymore. I tried to readjust the dish with no success. Since I had the dish on a fence post, someone told me that it is too shaky and I should move the dish. I moved and mounted the dish on my garden shed. No luck at all. I both a satellite finder from the Radioshack, but no luck here too. Per instruction I have the dish Azimuth, Elevation, Skew on 223, 39.8, 114 respectively. Could someone tell me what am I doing wrong?
Also, how sensitive is the dish direction? Could be off 1, 2, ... degree?
Thanks,
VDS.

KU band is pretty sensitive to direction. The dish needs to be pretty well dialed in. You probably need to post your zip code for someone to check your cordinates.

pick a live transponder from the LIST at the top of the page for that satellite.

once you have your azimuth set and the skew set on your lnbf .... some dishes are off on elevation so adjusting up and down a few degrees should find the live transponder

The zip code is 21090. My dish is a 75cm elliptical one. The LNB location is fixed at the factory and can not be changed, but the dish is turning around its axis.
So far I had the skew and elevation set, and I was working on the azimuth. Today I will try to change the elevation.
Thanks,
VDS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts