Hi new here-question-4dtv and FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david5023831

Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Hi. My name is David. I will be putting up a 31'' motorize dish next month and I have a few questions. Will a 31" dish pull anything ku band in or do you need the 6-10' dishes. Also I believe i know a FTA receiver cannot pick up the subscribition ku band channels but can a 4dtv pick up both ku and Fta signals? The guy who I brought the FTA receiver said that a 4dtv only picks up c band. Both i dont think that is right. Or could I have 2 cables coming out of the dish and one go to the FTA receiver and one to the 4dtv receiver and use a splitter to go between them? Let me know if this will work. David

Hi. My name is David. I will be putting up a 31'' motorize dish next month and I have a few questions. Will a 31" dish pull anything ku band in or do you need the 6-10' dishes.

Hi David welcome to the Forum.
I have a 36" Fortec Dish and I am very happy with it , if you can ,go for one that size , the price is just a tad higher but bigger is better and you will pickup the signal much better and reduce rain fade.

Also I believe i know a FTA receiver cannot pick up the subscribition ku band channels but can a 4dtv pick up both ku and Fta signals? The guy who I brought the FTA receiver said that a 4dtv only picks up c band. Both i dont think that is right. Or could I have 2 cables coming out of the dish and one go to the FTA receiver and one to the 4dtv receiver and use a splitter to go between them? Let me know if this will work. David

I don't own a 4DTV receiver , but I know it cannot do DVB FTA , 4DTV that I know of is used for channels broadcast that are Digicipher II and it also handles Analog .
Both DVB and Digicipher II are transmitted via Ku Band and C-band , so whoever told you that 4DTV was for C-band only was incorrect.

There is a thread here about subscribing to channels on Ku band with 4DTV , I recommend you read it , seems we have plenty of happy people enjoying a subscription package with just Ku band.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=94272

If you get yourself a 4DTV receiver you can enjoy FTA by slaving your FTA receiver to it or vice versa, you will just add a coaxial cable from the Loop Out on the 4DTV to your LNB In on your FTA STB Set Top Box , Polarity will be controlled by the 4DTV or master receiver, I know that there are other possible ways of enjoying both without slaving receivers , you could have a Dual LNB with 2 cables coming in to your house to each receiver also.

Well occasionally I slip up so I hope I have answered your questions correctly ,I do recommend you do plenty of reading here , there is so much useful information that will enlighten you in the world of FTA .

Thanks for the welcome. It seems like the best bet for me is to have the two cable coming into the house to the two different receivers, Thanks for your help. David

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)