Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharaya

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Your records indicate I've never posted. Since I spend a lot of time here, why not.

:)

I am a long-time DTV subscriber, having first taken the plunge with a pair of Sony SAT-A1 receivers and that little white dish with the red LED in 1996. Remember NHL Center Ice when bandwidth was, shall we say, insufficient?

And then, because I have nothing else to do in my life, I added Charlie's service in 1999. It was a 5000 receiver. DVR the old way.

I found this nice site last week while trying to educate myself for a forthcoming install. I kept my allegiances alive with both empires and had an HR-20 and a ViP-622 installed. Heaven.

This forum had GREAT information that really made the install of both systems go well. The link to some pdf files that detailed the dish installations...well, I am averaging 92 and 95 on DTV 101 and 94 (T2) and 95 (was it T5 or T6?) on DTV 103. I didn't think you could peak 103 that high.

Greeting from the general area of Show Low, AZ. :D

Sharaya

I forgot to add the usual Sharaya preachings... :eek:

* Thou shalt support Manchester United in all they do.
* Thou shalt support Reading FC in all they do.
* Shalt there be a conflict between supporting Manchester United and Reading FC, thou shalt root for a draw.

* Thou shalt support Setanta Sports, for bringing the beautiful game to the Americas, where 'football' is neither proper nor beautiful. Thou may support FOX Soccer Channel, too, although they have a lot of football from other places in the world, and some of it does border on girly.

* Thou shalt support Aussie Rules. And rugby, too. Because they play with bigger balls.

* The worship of American Football shall be acceptable only when proper football is not available. The professional footballers from Seattle are the preferred offering.

* I want my, I want my, I want my Sky Sports 1 (and 2, and 3, and Xtra) TV.

* And other drabble more suited for the off-topic forums...

:up

Last edited:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys. Feel Free to post all you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts