High Dollar DSR-920

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Iceberg,

Also don't know if this will make a difference on the Master Reset, the dish movement is controlled by the Pansat/VboxII, and right now I haven't had any errors about dish movement.

Will a reset mean I might start having motor errors without setting the limits etc.?

Oh the 4dtv is slaved? hmm then not much of a point doing a reset unless your TDT count is full, you will want to go to G1 every night with the Pansat and the 4dtv to load the guide and keep the maps updated.

Sorry I thought you had the 4dtv as the master.

Not yet.

I have plans to put up a separate dish on one of the non-penetrating mounts I talked about in another thread. That will be a few weeks away.

Then this baby will have it's own dish and will be it's own master. :D

Got the stuff on Satmex 5 it was M5 in the sat menu.

Still haven't gotten anything Ku on G4. Not even audio.

Is there a button to push to tell me what the signal strength is, what polarity I'm on, whether it is Ku or C-Band etc.?

May need to tweak the skew a little for KU.

How do I get to that screen?

Thanks!!!

I thought I would swing over to SBS-6 to check that the analog KU was working, but can't figure out which satellite it is in the menu. Most of the lists say that SBS-6 is either G2 or G6. I don't have a choice for either one.

Here is the satellites available in the sat menu.
W9
W3
GB
T6
G3
T5
G4
W4
W1
F1
M5
E1
T7
G0
G5
G9
C3
G1
C4
W7

Maybe it hasn't downloaded the channel maps for KU yet.

hold on, now

I know nothing more about this subject than what I've read here, but...
...I thought doing the Master Reset was a bad thing, in general!?!...
Sorry to raise the paranoia flag, but find out (or search for comments) what you might lose by doing one.

I know nothing more about this subject than what I've read here, but...
...I thought doing the Master Reset was a bad thing, in general!?!...
Sorry to raise the paranoia flag, but find out (or search for comments) what you might lose by doing one.

nah. I've done it before on my SC box when it acts up. Some cases (Voom box) yes you can screw everything up by doing a master reset.

With the 4DTV, in some cases you need to do a master reset (see above)

I think I am going to have to do something.

Did some exploring, and I don't think that setting the lnbs to c/ku in the dish settings has taken effect. I have been to several c-band analog satellites and can get one polarity or the other but not both on the same satellite. which indicates that it is still thinking two inputs for c-band.

I have put it back on G1 channel 3 where it says it can't find the channel. I don't know if this is normal or not. Can get the arts channel on channel 5, so channel 3 is on the same polarity. The clock updated all by itself.

If nothing has changed, I will shut it off, and pull the plug from the wall and see if that changes anything.

Other than that, a master reset may be the next course of action.

You have the 4dtv slaved correct? so you will need to select the polarity with the Pansat.

Press options 6-0-5 and the left arrow key twice, at the top line in the middle if it reads 1920 you need to do a reset.

Hi tdti1,

The 4DTV is slaved to a point but only as far as the dish movement is concerned. It can control polarity on it's own via an A/B switch. I can choose who controls polarity. When watching the Pansat, I move it to B. When watching the 4DTV, I move it to A.

I have performed the Master Reset, and have setup G1 as a satellite. I saw on a screen somewhere that I can't remember how to get back to since the reset that I had a ZK authorization status.

The time has not reset to the proper time yet, but I can get audio on some of the upper channels of G1 700 range, I forget now what channels they were.

I have left it set on G1 channel 3. I have to leave for a couple of hours, and hopefully by the time I get back, I can continue to setup satellites.

For the present, I will set them all up at actuator position 5000.

Be back soon, and thanks again!!

Ok! I'm back.

The clock hasn't updated, and there is no program guide. I am going to assume that this unit is no longer authorized.

If I am correct, how do I go about getting it authorized again?

Thanks,

Fred

You need to call NPS or SRL to get unit re-authorized. You may have to purchase some programming though. Or they might possibly do it for free. But if you subscribe to something all the better as it will keep our numbers up and you'll still get the free stuff.

Called NPS ordered a single item from alacarte for 5.83 for the first 3 months.

The guys name was John. He sent a hit to the main unit id, then a hit to the vcii unit id. Walked me through everything and was very nice. The date immediately changed, and everything started updating. It was really cool.

I didn't believe that you could order a single channel like that. I know you guys said you could, but I had to try it to believe it.

On top of that, he gave me the absolute digital package free for a month for being a new customer.

Can you believe that for a measley $5.83.

Now I have to get all those satellites programmed in!!! :D

I guess I should program in X4 next to make sure the ku works!

Got X4 tuned in.

Got a couple of channels. I have it tuned to #644. I don't know how to tell if it is ku or not.

If I go to the options, 6 and choose to adjust picture, I have a signal of 68 with a quality of 99.

Isn't there a short-cut to tell what frequency, what band, SQ etc all in one screen?

I have got to get my mind around this new receiver.

DOH!

If I have programmed in X4 that means every channel on it is Ku or it wouldn't be on X4. So Ku is working.

This is a whole new ballgame for me. Please forgive my running commentary.

Hi Fred, been out all day enjoying family and nice weather, was about 76 degrees in late afternoon, just great. I see you've been busy, this link should help a lot:
http://www.bigdish.info/
Click on "Maintenance" on the left side of the page, and you'll find most everything you're looking for. Including "Master Reset", and tons of other stuff. The TDT count is found in Options 6-0-5 on Diagnostics G page. To load the programming manually, go into Options 6-0-5 on Diagnostics F page, click on Info (remote) and let it start doing whatever, then click on Guide (remote) and it will go to guide and let it start searching, then go back to Options 6-0-5 and back to Diagnostics F page and make sure it's loading, the numbers should be changing, but not all of them at once. Give it about 10 minutes, and then click View (remote) and you should have programming info.
And Oh Yeah! You need to be on G1 when you do this. Good Luck!

Al

Hey Al,

I am having a blast!!!

Don't know if I am doing it right, but getting some channels anyway. It is much different than straight analog. Not as much of that as there was even 3 months ago.

Glad you had a good day! :D

I like my 4dtv a whole lot better than the old Uniden. Any satellite you have programmed in under a KU name (X4, XB, B6, K5) will be all KU. Try K5 and K3 for some channels as well. B6 usually has some good analog feeds too. The 4dtv remote, press the down arrow key and a box comes up at the top that tells your polarity, actuator position, and skew. You can play with this to figure a little more out on that. You get the best pq with the RCA jacks, I hate my channel 3/4 inputs. Although I have a 922 and yours is a 920, the only difference is the 920 doesn't receive some of the showtime channels on C3/G0. Also, do some research on using generic satellite tiles (CF, CG, CA, CE) you will really like that too, but wait til you learn the box a little more.

Also don't be alarmed, but if you ever connect your 4dtv to a dish by itself, when the 4dtv sends the power out to the dish, the receiver will click, once when it starts to move, and once when the dish has stopped. I thought I had messed something up when I heard this sound.

G1-3 shows the 'Can't find channel, blah, blah' message because this transponder is a digicipher II transponder, all you will get is this black screen. But this is where you need to go to get your maps, rehits, guide info. There is an option in the dish settings I think that says 'do you want dish to move for updates', select yes and every night after 2am the dish will move to G1-3 or G1-1xx but the box has to be off for it to know to move, however, you do not have to turn it off if you are going over to G1-3 just to update or rehit the box, just move it yourself and wait a couple of minutes with that old gray screen. Also, if you are on any other satellite and scanning the analog channels, and you come across that black screen--its only because that is the transponder that hold whatever DCII channels on that satellite. GB has quite a few of these black screen channels, so don't be alarmed and think your box isn't receiving analog.

IMHO, this is the best purchase I ever made. And for you, $20 isn't bad at all my friend....good find!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts