High Dollar DSR-920

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'am glad to see you've found a 4dtv for 20$. that's a great find. i paid $355 dollars for my DSR-922 and cant receive any digital channe's i've had a bad time with this dish, and i tired it on my 12ft and it comes in great, but give me some pixel's here and there and the sounds makes a weird noise. but i'll get it soon enough, worked on it all day today. and yesterday, i've had enough for a few days well good luck with it man hope you enjoy. :)

Thanks jself1982!!

I copied out your suggestions and printed them out. I knew there had to be a way to find out at least some information on what your are viewing. I will also look at some of the sats you mentioned.

Hey chefwan! It's a great hobby!

Every time I think I have finally gained a little knowlege, I find that in comparison with all there is to learn, I don't know squat. But that is part of the fun. :D

The 4dtv remote, press the down arrow key and a box comes up at the top that tells your polarity, actuator position, and skew.

I tried that little trick and all I get is a box for adjusting the picture. No information about anything else.

The 920 is different than the 922 and doesn't allow for polarity adjustments without going into "program satellites".

Well Fred
I got some of your luck today , my boss came by and we talked about the old stuff and he gave me his old 10 ft mesh dish ( which he had added c/ku feedhorn right before switching to DN) and he has two receivers one is a old analog the other does both :) and its a 4dtv receiver but he doesn't know the model. so i will keep you updated and probably reading you notes here to follow the setup ;o)

Hey George!

That's fabulous!!!

I hope it is at least a 920. If you are really fortunate, it will be a 922. And a dish to boot. Especially with a little used C/Ku feedhorn.

There is more equipment out there not being used, than you can sneeze at.

Everyone should go for a drive and look around before the leaves come on and just see what's available. They can always go back later and ask about it.

I'm going out tomorrow and see if I can find 2 more 7.5 footers just like the one I refurbished. If I wasn't so picky, I could have already had 2 or 3 setting here.

Most people are very friendly and are more than willing to help you out as long as you help them clean up the mess. They will usually give you the equipment that came with it too. Whether you want it or not. :D

I got two wonderful Primestar receivers that way.

Good luck with getting the dish home and here's hoping the 4DTV is a nice one in primo working condition. :D

Fred

Can someone give me a working V C-Band analog transponder.

I want to check something.

I don't think I have seen maybe one or two channels on the analog Vertical side during this whole setup.

If we don't want it posted in the open area, please PM me.

Thanks,

Fred

You mean any feed? G1- 12 is Vertical is this what you mean? its a shop NBC sales channel or do you mean subscription? that would be G1 -08 Cartoon Network. On G5 transP 6 and 22 (tbs and cnn, respct.) are vertical

Last edited:
Thanks kbghdg for the PM and to you somery for the post.

I've just confirmed a problem with my 920 which might be the reason why the guy said he had a problem with it.

I haven't been able to pull in V channels since I started setting it up I guess. I saw a couple of what I thought were vertical on SBS-6, but sometimes that sat is screwy and you get doubles.

I just confirmed that it will not pull V channels in.

On the back of the receivers, I took some voltage readings.

Pansat
Black - Gnd
White - Pulse .58 volts
Red - +/- 5 output=5.44 volts

Black - Gnd
White - Pulse 2.61 volts
Red - +/- 5 output=2.86 volts

So in reality, it has been running off wherever the Pansat had left it, and it left it on H. That's why I could get it authorized. TP3 on G1 is Horizontal.

So do any of you electronic engineers and 4DTV users know right off the top of your head what is wrong?

Can't be too bad I wouldn't think. Let me know if you would please.

Thanks, Fred

Way to go George, a mint 922

there is more out their, if You are in the right place at the the right time, and this time, it is George, congrats on Your find.

Fred, if you're slaving it from your Pansat, make sure the Pansat is on a vertical channel, if you want to get a vertical channel. If it's slaved, the polarity should be whatever the Master receiver's polarity is.

Al

Hey Al,

Earlier in this thread, I explained that I have an A/B switch that changes control of the polarity between which ever receiver it is switched to. A on the switch is for Analog and B is for DVB. I have had it set up that way since late last summer because I got tired of flipping back to the Pansat to change channels.

The readings above came from the back of the receiver before it ever gets to the switch.

Thanks,
Fred

Well Fred, I remember how you had set-up the V-Box II (I think), but I'm at a loss as to how you have the servo motor connected to the 920. Do you have some sort of A/B switch to control the change of the polarotor from the Pansat to the 920? If your A/B switch is set for the 920, is the 920 controlling the servo motor? If not, thats why you are probably not getting the vertical channels. Of course you know more about how you have it connected than I do. Just a thought?

Al

Hey Al,

When I have the A/B switch set to A, the 920 has full control of the servo motor. As you can see the 920 is not putting out the 5 volts necessary to change the polarity.

If I set the A/B switch to B the Pansat has full control of the servo, and when I change the polarity to V with the Pansat, the 920 gets the V channels fine.

So what I am asking if anyone knows off the top of their head is what electrical component in the 920 may have gone bad to cause the problem?

Thanks again,
Fred

You can just use the Pasat to change the polarity, I have not done work on my 922, I opended it once to clean it with a can of air, still have not changed my battery, I would say use the Pansat for now till you know what needs to be changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts