Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Purchased a used HIRD-E8 receiver. It came without the access card, so I ordered another one from DirecTV. I plugged in the new card and booted the unit, but it wasn't finding the birds. There is still some leftover info from the original owner in it, so I wanted to do a master reset but couldn't figure how. Trying to manually delete some of the info told me that it wasn't the original access card. When I go to the individual transponder checks, on A it only finds a few channels with any real strength. This is the same exact line I have running into my HDTivo normally. No switches beyond what is in the dish. I'm very, very confused why it's only seeing some on A and how to fix this. I don't get the Channel 100 demo. Can I do a master reset? Please help :(.

if the e-8 or any other hughes ird is getting only a few transponders and no 100 channel, it is shot. the master reset is unplugging it for 3 min and plugging it back in.

sorry , dude

ps the access card could be removed and the IRD would still get signals on tsp check.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts