HiSense DB-2010 Problem

Bud Wiser

Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Southeastern United States
Merry Christmas everyone! I've searched the forums for an answer to my problem, to no avail.

I purchased a HiSense DB-2010 USDTV receiver about a year and half ago on eBay. It worked fine until just over a month ago, when the signal problems started... while I'm trying to watch football (nothing like seeing a pass get thrown and the picture freeze for two seconds, then the blue screen coming on saying "no signal" then the game comes back on three to ten seconds later and you have no idea what just happened during that play:mad:). I would adjust the antenna and even change stations to discover that other stations didn't have any reception problems, but then the receiver even reset itself on a couple of occassions.

A menu trip to the "Adjust Antenna" section would give me a fluctuating signal readout that changed every two seconds of something like: 3% 27% 48% then back down with similar numbers and then back up again over and over. At first this was intermitten only with the station I was watching football on and only while watching football. Then it started happening to all the stations.

I ruled out the antenna being the problem and have unplugged and replugged the receiver in with no solution. I do at least feel relieved that I have determined that it is the receiver, but what would cause it to do this and does anybody know a way to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Everybody has a different situation, it depends on your equipment and your location, as well as the local tv source. My guess is your equipment is fine, it could be many things that caused your described trouble. My guess would be the station is at low power and a flock of birds or maybe a heavy rain cloud or possibly an aircraft or something else could have flown by in front of your reception and caused the pixelation/freeze up. Also the station is likely a 1080i station, which are known for heavy pixelation/frame freeze when fast motion occurs. Doesn't have to be sports related. Most likely, when the change happens on February 17, next year, it should improve your signal. Only time will tell...?

Hisense DB2010 was basically imported for USDTV so the chances of repair is slim at reasonable costs. Walmart also imported some for national sales but didn't really sell. They are still available on eBay so you might want to buy another and keep tha failing one for spare parts at least the remote. $40 coupon converter boxes will let you test signals but won't allow component HDTV.

$40 coupon converter boxes will let you test signals but won't allow component HDTV.

Ironically, I was going to next ask which of the coupon eligible converter boxes would be considered the best, but I'm not sure if I quite understand what you mean in the above-cited part of your message.

I should mention that I have a 1998 Sanyo TV set, so no HD components, if that's what you're referring to.

If you aren't interested in HDTV any of the converter boxes will allow you to use composite (yellow red white) connections to watch the digital signals and after coupons can be down right cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)