Hispasat 1C/1D. Antena 3 Internacional PowerVu Encrypted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Banana26

Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
I have a satellite dish set up on Hispasat 1C/1D and have access to the RTVE Digital Package through a General Instruments Next Level SR-3320 receiver (with Nagravision card). Antena 3 Internacional is also on Hispasat 1C/1D 12172 V tp 64. This channel is encryted on PowerVu. Does anybody know what equipment I need to be able to watch this channel and where I can obtain such equipment?

Thanks.

If it is encrypted it is more than likely part of a particular subscription service. Maybe a cable company or a Latin American DBS company. Are you wanting to know which one so you can subscribe legally? Here is their website: http://www.antena3.com/a3internacional/

EDIT

Click this link on their website:"Cableoperadores" it lists cities where it is on cable and it is offered via DirecTV Latin America, so you might call around.

I was told something like that by the installer of my FTA. He also said that maybe I could get a receiver to decode PowerVu from the Caribbean, Mexico, or somewhere like that. Spending that kind of money ($1K, $2K,..?) would be obviously a lot.

Right now I have a General Instrument Next Level SR-3320 receiver (with Nagravision card) to subscribe to the RTVE Digital Package. According to what I have been reading, this is one of the oldest and worst receivers (I got it installed 14 months ago) out there nowdays. When I bought it, I thought it was the only receiver I could use to watch the RTVE Digital Package. It appears that with this receiver I can only watch the channels on Hispasat 1C/1D 12052 V tp 59. I do not think I can watch any other channels from Hispasat (including the ones that are FTA).

Would you be able to recommend a newer FTA receiver with which I can continue to watch the RTVE Digital Package (Nagravision)? There are so many receivers out there that I cannot make a decision. I have seen your review of the Viewsat VS2000. Any others? My budget would be around $200-$300 for that kind of receiver. By the way, my FTA dish is not motorized. Would it be difficult to make it motorized?

Thanks for any feedback you could give me.

difficult to make it motorized? nah...get a motor. They run less than $100 and well worth it

You might want ot try Sadoun They have a receiver that allows a card to be put in. The Viewsat does allow a card to be put in also :)

Banana26 said:
I was told something like that by the installer of my FTA. He also said that maybe I could get a receiver to decode PowerVu from the Caribbean, Mexico, or somewhere like that. Spending that kind of money ($1K, $2K,..?) would be obviously a lot.

Even if you had the receiver, you still need to be able to subscribe. Unless you are a cable company or equivilant, that's probably not going to happen.
If the signal is sent unencrypted though, any DVB/MPEG2 receiver should work.

Iceberg said:
difficult to make it motorized? nah...get a motor. They run less than $100 and well worth it

You might want ot try Sadoun They have a receiver that allows a card to be put in. The Viewsat does allow a card to be put in also :)

I am not sure that I am going to know how to do that myself. It seems a complex thing to do, is it?. Do you know of anybody in the Tampa Bay area (Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Tampa) that would install this type of motors?

I see that Sadoun sells the Fortec Star FSNAG-5900 and should work with my Nagravision Card. The Viewsat is more expensive, but if it is a better receiver I do not mind paying more for a better piece of equipment. What do you think?

By the way, I really really appreciate all the information you are giving me. It is awesome. Thanks a lot.

mkm4 said:
Even if you had the receiver, you still need to be able to subscribe. Unless you are a cable company or equivilant, that's probably not going to happen.
If the signal is sent unencrypted though, any DVB/MPEG2 receiver should work.

Thanks mkm4. I am not a cable company and I think the signal comes encrypted. That Antena 3 channel is only available through cable in Miami (TeleMiami) and New York (Time Warner). I live in the Tampa Bay area so I cannot get that channel.

It seems almost impossible to get around being able to watch that channel. Oh well.......

Thanks again.

or a subscription of DirecTV Latin America. Antenna 3 is channel 762.

Getting DirecTV Latin America or Sky Mexico is no easy job. You need a friend or relative in these countries to subscibe for you. But it's still easier than getting a sub for some PowerVu encryption, which is impossible for individual viewers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)