~Hispasat 1C.1D At 30.0°W~ PROBLEM!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think if I move another dish closer to the front of my home, I can get a LOS for that bird over that darn hill!
Is the front of the house to the north?

Every foot higher and every foot to the north you go, the more chance you'll have to see over the hill.
I still suggest you get up the north side of the house on a ladder, and do the boresight as Pop described.
Then you'll know by this time tomorrow.

If it looks encouraging, put up the dish.
If you're still looking into the hillside, then it's time for Plan B. *

* not to be confused with Plan Nine from Outer Space !

Thank you!:)

glen4cindy thanks for your input! It was already well taken when Ice recommended it! But thanks!

Ice, I was not using any special font just a color change, I was just having fun on the boards guy’s, I see that every one uses them even more to the extent than I did! If there is a problem with using them why have the stupid icons on the reply box anyway? I am sure that everyone has used them a bit too much also! I have read some. Gosh guy’s, I knew when Ice posted comment about the icon usage that it was going to start something! I was just waiting for it!

It was in just good fun!

no problems. we dont mind a icon sprinkled here and there (belive me I use them too) but it just got hard to read with all of them on there :)

Hispasat 1C.1D Ku and 43.0°W Intelsat 3R Ku

OK,
Another run by you guys!

Is it possible to see these satellites, 30.0°W Hispasat 1C.1D Ku, 43.0°W Intelsat 3R Ku, 45.0°W Intelsat 1R Ku or 58.0°W Intelsat 9 Ku
on a stationary dish & multiple LNBs assuming I have found LOS for each satellite?
The only two important ones I want are Hispasat 1C.1D Ku and 43.0°W Intelsat 3R Ku and most likey will be the way I set up for only. I have seen the multiple LNB dishes here online but how would
one accomplish it if it can be done?
Providing I find LOS going north to the front of the house would there be a cable run issue to the ports not used on my switch?
We are talking about 50 to 75 feet off the stationary dish to my motorized system.
I still have not found a dish yet and this idea solely rests on if I am able to get a LOS! I would also like to use only one
dish if possible so the multiple LNB on one would be great if it is possible. I am really trying for the 30* W and the 43* W
bird for DR. Dish. I will be keeping you guys posted on this project as it goes. It makes since I need an oval type
dish like the World Direct to even try to hit more than one bird. I have not a clue what dish would work if it is even possible
do this so any input would be great so I can get started looking around. Project will be stalled until the weather gets better though, we are right now at a
very chilly 44 degrees and the forecast says snow for tomorrow! It was for the last 3 days between 76-80 during the day and
never got below 57 at night! Weather does not know it is spring yet! Got to love WV! Thanks for any input on this idea and if
the single dish is impossibility; I will put up two if I have too! These to birds and that hill are teasing me! Later Men!

By the way Nimiq 1 had Power 97 Winnipeg Canada (Radio CH 1961) in the clear just about 4 hours tonight! I listened to it doing code for a website all that time! Said CAS provider FREE! I ran to the store about 3:45 AM before going to bed and they went back to Scramble Channel CAS $ Nagravision! Darn It! Testing something? I will keep an eye on that bird.

You should be able to get 30w, 43w, and 58w, provided you have no line-of-sight issues. Cubavision on 58w requires a universal LNBF, but its also available on 30w (with a standard LNBF).

Are you thinking along the lines of a T-90 dish? Multiple lnbfs? I don't have any experience with those, but I would think where you are fighting for LOS you might be better off with another motorized. I guess before you do anything you would have to confirm it is possible to see those satellites you want. Did you try the "boresight" trick suggested in a previous post?

Are you thinking along the lines of a T-90 dish? Multiple lnbfs? I don't have any experience with those, but I would think where you are fighting for LOS you might be better off with another motorized. I guess before you do anything you would have to confirm it is possible to see those satellites you want. Did you try the "boresight" trick suggested in a previous post?

No not yet starman,
Been a bit cold the last two days to try so I have been inside. Using not necessarily a Toroidal T90 Dish though but If it is not possible with a World Direct, Primestar or a Globecast style dish. If not then I will go ahead and get another 80 CM or bigger and try that. The only question in my post was if it was even possible to do with those sizes or not or if anyone has done similar. It is going to be warmer tomorrow so I will do a bore sight in the afternoon weather permitting. It has rained here for that last two days plus chilly out.

I was just inquiring about the size of the dish and if it was possible by the guys here to see if it could be done. I have seen many multiple LNBs on dishes before but not at this arc east though. Just seeing what the input would be. I will let you know in the evening today what transpires with a line of site issue, if I can see either bird will have to wait until I get another dish though. Right now as stated in other posts the 80 CM Fortec dish sees nothing at the 30.0 W position and also with the 43.0°W Intelsat 3R Ku. The only satellite I see going east or farthest east is the Echo 3 bird which does have more power than the linear KU birds I am trying for. On the hill though it is dropped down a bit pointing at the 61.5 so it makes since that I can see that one fine. I still have an 18' Sky Angel dish pointed at that bird and my 311 receiver sees that satellite just fine (97 signal strength) only with 18" of reflector. So I think it is safe to say that my 80 CM Fortec is not seeing the birds for LOS issues!
I just wanted to use a Globecast, or Primestar or maybe a Direct World Direct dish to do this if possible since the dish is going out front of the house because of dish size issues.

We have an neighborhood association here and when I moved in the rules were no satellite dishes allowed! I have mine for the fact of the FCC rule that permits me to have 3 but so far mine have been out behind the house and out of sight. Now my motorized is in sight right off my driveway attached to my out building (See Picture). I have been told nothing so far for I think since I beat them once on the rules, they can’t say anything! I love the fact also that I have inspired people in the neighborhood to put dishes up! So far since my dish went up 3 years go we went from just mine to 3 500’s and one neighbor has a Phase III and another neighbor had an AU9 installed a couple weeks ago! Mine is still the big boy of the Neighborhood though! So that is the slimmer dish size question I have just for sake if it has to be mounted out front in sight!
I am not giving up on 30.0 W so again, we will find out if a LOS can be achieved then move from there!
I will keep you posted starman! You have been tremendous help! This is the kind of help on these forums that makes this site # 1!

:) Thanks & I will keep you posted! :)

Attachments

• S6305684.JPG
    S6305684.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
~Hispasat 1C.1D At 30.0°W~ PROBLEM NO MORE!!

Well guys,
I must say fighting with the 3ABN dish did pay off in some aspect! After replacing the pole yesterday with the Skywalker twin pole I purchased three years ago (I bought two) I noticed better signal and quality bars on all birds and transponders on the Fortec Star 80 CM I put back up after taking the 3 ABN dish down tonight. Since I noticed a big change in the 61.5 bird of stronger signals I decided to spin the dish around to Hispasat and see what changed if anything. I can say the move from where the motor sat on the pole to where I put it now on the new pole made the difference! I have Hispatsat 30.0 W now! On transponder 10.883V Cuba vision I have 94 % Quality bar!

All the channels come in very strong! I was beside myself to say the least! Now, nothing here has changed, the dish is the same as I tried before, the pole is the new poles twin so height is the same, all that changed is moving the motor 3 ½ inches to the top of the pole! I guess that inches in height do matter when trying to see satellites! I done all the things in the thread before that you guys suggested and they never worked. I did do a bore site from my dish to the hill and it barely passed that test but the motor move did the trick! I want to thank all the guys who helped me on this dilemma and the fix was very simple but I never would have thought that a little over three inches would change much. Who would have thought that?

I guess if some of you guys have similar problems try going to the top of your pole mount as possible and see what that does. It worked for me! Starman, I really appreciate your input as well. You and the other guy’s were a big help and I never really gave up on this one other than put it aside for awhile.

Starman, the answer to your next question I think your going to ask is what about Intelsat 3R at 43.0W? Yes, I got it two now but the quality is low, transponder 12.049 H Dr. Dish Channel is about 69% but it is there! A big feat in my book! I bet that that would get better on the 3ABN dish if I can figure out what is the problem with that darn thing. That is another thread!

I am tickled pink since the whole day wasted on the 90 CM dish but gained the two satellites I have been trying to get for 3 years! Now, the 3ABN dish is another day! Thanks again guys for the help on this one and hopefully this helps someone else that has weak signals to try to bump the dish a bit higher, just over three inches got me there!

Picture:
Red where the motor was mounted three years ago to today
Green is the 3 ½ inch move to the top of the identical pole

Attachments

• his.JPG
    his.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 151
FTABman0,

Part of your problem could be your LNB... not that there is anything wrong with your LNB but I had one like that and because of the weight it made the dish arm sag causing signal loss.

FTABman0,

Part of your problem could be your LNB... not that there is anything wrong with your LNB but I had one like that and because of the weight it made the dish arm sag causing signal loss.

I have to say I agree. I bought a 3ABN dish to fix the problem but the wind got her today! I will be looking for another 90 CM dish maybe another Fortec Star to put back up! Right now I am back on the Fortec 80 CM! I also think that moving the motor to the top of the pole helped a bunch too! I have a hill at the 30 W side that my LOS was questionable. Moved the motor up and it poped in with strong TP readings! I was going to the 3ABN for a bit more surface area with that and a bit higher on the pole I figure Intelsat 3R would have got better too! Guess I will be looking around for another dish soon!

Thanks Gary! Need another dish with support arms I guess!

That is bad news about your 3ABN dish, here is a picture of my 3ABN dish aimed at G10R. I had the Invacom QPH-031 mounted on it, this is the one that caused the arm to sag. I wish I would have kept the Invacom and put support arms on the dish.

Attachments

• Photo002a.jpg
    Photo002a.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 165
look around for an out of service primestar dish. Even the 75E has better reception than the tin 90 CM. No wobble or ??? Over 6 hours of 35+ mph winds today and NEVER lost signal. I went outside and could not walk straight because of the wind blast. But both the primestars held. They are free for the asking! I do not see sag from the weight.

Gary Z, that doesn't look like the current Azure Shine dish that 3ABN ships. Did you buy it recently? The one they have been selling (they just stopped selling dishes this month) has the LNBF arm reinforcement struts, and gives me no problems with the Invacom Quad.

RV1pop, I do like the Channel Master dishes more than the stamped metal ones such as the 3ABN, but the stamped metal dishes are much easier to motorize :)

OH, yeah, motorized. I dozed off with that part of the thread. Sorry! With the wind I have I decided to not motorize for now and got tunnel vision so am looking for CM or PrImestars.
So be sure if you get the light tin dishes that they have good bracing on the LNB arm. And do watch out for the cheap metric hardware. I used two sets before I went to the local hardware store and got good hard SAE grade marked bolts and nuts. After working with the C-Band dish, I will get stainless next time for my KU, also.

Tron,

I bought the 3ABN Dish about 5 years ago.... that model does not have the LNBF arm reinforcement struts I wish it would have... I could have made some but didn't think about it until after I sold the Invacom

Gary Z, that doesn't look like the current Azure Shine dish that 3ABN ships. Did you buy it recently? The one they have been selling (they just stopped selling dishes this month) has the LNBF arm reinforcement struts, and gives me no problems with the Invacom Quad.

RV1pop, I do like the Channel Master dishes more than the stamped metal ones such as the 3ABN, but the stamped metal dishes are much easier to motorize :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts