Hispasat 1C/1D ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AndyCYXU

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Hispasat 1C/1D :confused: Is it possible to recieve this satelite from area of London, Ontatio, Canada? From the list of chanells on Lyngsat appears that chanels i would like to see from this satelite are FTA unencrypted.. and they beam on America... so i understand.. satelite is suppose to be at 30W.. chanel i was interested in is Cubavison and Canal Habana, both by Colour codes I understand are unencrypted FTA chanells.. also what kind of LNB would i need to recive them and dish size i had 36-39" dish in mind but what lnb would i need and most of all could i even see this satelite from my location... I am new to FTA so i do not know about different LNB types universal and what not.. Thanks,, Andy :confused:
PS woudl maybe someone be able to say what range of satelite is likely to be available to someone in ontario canada like for example from any satelite from 30W to 170W... ? i once found a satelite page that would tell you you need to drill hole in the Earth to see that satelite :p but cant see it anymore other satelite calculators seem to say just where to point lite the one i am asking about says :

Latitude: 42.983°
Longitude: -81.250°

POINT DISH:
Elevation: 19.0°
Azimuth (true): 118.7°
Azimuth (magn.): 127.8°
LNB skew: -39.9°

would a negative Elevation mean i cannot see the satelite...? that's my guess all though small elevation such as 1 deg could be hard to see also it's my guess

sorry about long post and thatnks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You

Thank you that is very nice list and indeed the chanels i am interested in appear to be OK FTA chanells, but now from more experience users do you htink i should be able to see that satelite if my setting for dish aiming is?

Elevation: 19.0°
Azimuth (true): 118.7°
Azimuth (magn.): 127.8°
LNB skew: -39.9°

...assume there is nothing blocking my line in sight from the house or where i was to install the dish.. and would a special LNB be required?
I just dont want to buy the dish then find out i can not see the satelite.. trees other houses are not an issue..

Thanks again.

As long as you have line of sight (like you said you do) and the satellite beam reaches you (it should, but I could not find a beam map for the satellite) you should be able to receive signals from the satellite.

You can pick that satellite up with a standard Ku band LNB. (A universal LNB will also work.)

I'm in the London area and have had signal from that bird. You'll get it fine as long as you don't have any trees or other objects obstructing your view to the south-east.

As far as other satellites viewable, I can definitely say that the list of satellites in my signature below are also available in the London area (which, obviously, is where I am too).

As far as other satellites viewable, I can definitely say that the list of satellites in my signature below are also available in the London area (which, obviously, is where I am too).

That's quite a list of dishes you've got in your signature. We should get together and compare notes sometime :)

Anybody else here on SatelliteGuys from the London area? @party

Post your city !

Anybody else here on SatelliteGuys from the London area?
Just another good reason everyone should post their City/Provence or City/State
Go to: User Control Panel | Edit Profile | Location / Where you live.

It's so much easier to help someone with aiming, or have a clue about their weather, or other little things when you know roughly where they're located.
Sometimes just knowing they're a local call will help. - :cool:

One member asked about why he couldn't get a signal, recently.
When it turned out he was in Mexico, that was significant in signal fall-off of coverage area.

[rant]
Please post your city.
I promise I won't come begging for a cup of anything. :D
And for everyone with some cutsie local terminology for your area, I'm sorry, but I don't live close enough to know what it means, and I can't look it up on Google nor any of the Satellite Calculator programs.
[/rant]

That's quite a list of dishes you've got in your signature. We should get together and compare notes sometime :)

If I had more wall space (am basically limited to one wall about 10 feet long) and a better line of sight, I know I'd have even more up!

Anybody else here on SatelliteGuys from the London area? @party

I do recall there have been other members from our area, but don't know if they have stayed around or not.

Just another good reason everyone should post their City/Provence or City/State
Go to: User Control Panel | Edit Profile | Location / Where you live.

It's so much easier to help someone with aiming, or have a clue about their weather, or other little things when you know roughly where they're located.
Sometimes just knowing they're a local call will help. - :cool:

One member asked about why he couldn't get a signal, recently.
When it turned out he was in Mexico, that was significant in signal fall-off of coverage area.

[rant]
Please post your city.

OK, just did.

I promise I won't come begging for a cup of anything. :D

Ha! You'll be around begging for crickets and other tasty insects!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)