Hispasat 1C at 30.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get the spanish channels on 12050V (TVGA, ETB) with varying level through the trees 70-87%, doesn't ever drop and I can't pick these two channels (on12175V) up at all. They did pick up on a blind scan, but level never gets over 10%, they just don't come in. This mean anything?

Transponders are different strengths throughout the country. Where are you?

I'm in 22308, Alexandria, Virginia. Maybe I'll be able to get them when the leaves fall in November.

Weak Hispasat Transponders

I was looking into this a bit further. C1 Salta (12.162V) I BARELY (not watchable) get with a 66% quality and Level of 53% (Coolsat 4000), breaks up alot, too bad, I'm missing the Simpson's in Spanish.

The Galicia and ETB channels come in with Quality oscillating between 70-87%, but are coming in strong.

These "super channels" on 12.172V, Level of 57% Quality <10% with an occassional blip that looks like its about to turn green then falls back. What kind of programming is on these?

Canarias (12.171H), same thing.

Do you get Canarias? I remember I used to last year, but not any longer, wonder if they changed transponders?

This baby is pointed RIGHT AT a group of trees only 30 feet away, it's a wonder I'm getting anything, I guess.

I am using a 30" winegard and .4 geosat lnb.

tvCanaria-sat (12.172H) I get at 74% signal quality here in MN.

Some dude singing and playing the guitar right now!

Also remember an off-set dish looks to be pointing around 22º lower than where the signal is actually coming from!

Attachments

• 22-deg-offset.gif
    22-deg-offset.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
I would love to get this bird, but I am out of ranges or blocked by East mountains here in Albuquerque, New Mexico.:(

Lot's of good TV stations from what I hear!:)

I can see an elevation of 2.3º being a......... problem :(

Code:
                     Albuquerque, NM.
          Latitude 35° 4.302'N Longitude 106° 30.540'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)    El  Skew
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hispasat 1C/D   30.0W  97.8  87.3   2.3 -54.2

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

PSB said:
I can see an elevation of 2.3º being a......... problem :(

Code:
                     Albuquerque, NM.
          Latitude 35° 4.302'N Longitude 106° 30.540'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)    El  Skew
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hispasat 1C/D   30.0W  97.8  87.3   2.3 -54.2

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

Not a problem if you have a 100' tower to mount the dish on j/k

36" SatelliteAV dish, anything under 10º in elevation is going to be a challenge!

But this satellite is at just 10.3º in elevation for me here in MN.

Tim
is its possible to get? Probably...need a good LOS.
I know member "eastcoast" can get G10 from "the rock" with a 5 degree elevation :)

As luck would have it, this satellite is at 24 degrees elevation from my location which is exactly the offset for the 30" Winegard, so all I have to do is put a level on it and make sure that it is vertical. It is pointing about 15 degrees to the left of the satellite, though, I'm picking up a deflected signal, it is pointed right at a solid mass of trees that are 60 feet tall and only about 30 feet away. Maybe I'll go out this afternoon and do some sweeps and see if I can pick these other channels up...

A closer look reveals I'm probably getting the signal between two trees, there's a sliver of sky visible, it must be just in the right spot. Also, found a branch (with bird's nest, too) had grown over, cleared it and quality jumped to 90 on all my channels and C1 Salta, but C1 is still breaking up despite a solid quality. Absolutely nothing on 12.175 and Canaria...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)