Hispasat 1C at 30.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I tried to tell my satellite to swing over to 30W just to see if I might be able to find anything there, and no matter where I started from the motor would not move the dish. I haven't had this problem with any other satellite's I tried to point to (but I have only tried in the range of 137W to 60W as I thought that was all I might be able to get). I have such a clear view to the east (and I am in MN too), I am thinking I should be able to get 30W no problem.

I have a fortec classic NA receiver. I told it to use USALS. Usually at that point if I hit "save" the receiver will position the dish to where I told it to go, but not for 30W! Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Satellite positions at each end of the arc may have to be stored using DiSEqC 1.2

For me USALS wont work for Hispasat. I have to use the Diseqc 1.2. Get an active transponder up and move the dish using 1.2 option over there. It should work :

Thanks, both of you are so helpful! I was able to get USALS to work to about 34W (I tried playing with the numbers manually just to see how far it would go). I sure wish USALS would work, as trying to figure out how far to move manually using Diseqc 1.2 is a bit tricky.

I found with Diseqc 1.2 I could swing the dish way east. Unfortunately I was seeing no signal (I have to figure out an active transponder on that bird I guess so I know when I am aiming at it). My wife wanted to watch some stuff on G10 so will have to try again tomorrow! I definately see how spoiled I am to have USALS and blind scan!!!!!

Here is a strong transponder to use on Hispasat 1C/D @ 30ºw.........

DFreq : 12132

Polarity : H

SR : 27500

70% signal quality here in MN. in the pouring rain (For the next two days)

Please post if you find it. I can't seem to get the dish over that far from here in Missouri either. Could be that the Mississippi is the dividing line of where the footprint is?

I had some time to play again, and was able to get the signal here in Rochester MN! In fact, after the clouds cleared a bit, a did a blind scan again and picked up even more channels! Thanks for all your help! Now I am seeing what else I can find between 30W and 60W.

I see there is a 15W, 12.5W, and 8W which are KU band... do you guys pick these up in MN, or no chance?

No Chance!

Code:
                    Rochester, MN 55906
          Latitude 44° 1.260'N Longitude 92° 26.814'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)   El  Skew
--------------------------------------------------------------

Telecom 2D/Atlantic Bird 2    8.0W  93.9  93.2 -4.7 -45.8

Express A3   11.0W  96.0  95.3 -2.6 -45.7

Telstar 12   15.0W  98.8  98.1  0.3 -45.3

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

Maybe I should play with this idea some more...
Looks like elevation from here, if I did the text file right? is 12.4... It's close to 10 but higher. I was able to pull in Amazonas back when it was working, so I'm guessing that this is doable? I may have screwed up by putting the dish too far down on the slope of the house though? There's a bit of weird angle to the house on that side where the roof of the porch is. I'm betting that, and a tree a couple houses down is blocking signal, but maybe not if I could pull in Amazonas when it was still alive?

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m) El Skew
Hispasat 30.0W 107.9 106.3 12.4 -47.7

--------------------
edit:
No luck, but I'm closer I think... Played around with it for a while just now...

usals lets me get to 34.5, so I usals over to there... no signals there... then I go to the entry in Pansat for Hispasat and use disceq to move east a few. I get to a place where Level is doing some stuff but nothing on the Quality bar. I'm pretty sure that there's something there because Level is going up in one area, but if I move east or west of it the signal drops... almost like it detects a satellite there, but can't quite make it out enough to get a quality reading.

Last edited:
Great Sat! I was able to pick it up today in North Central Louisiana for an FTA setup I did for a friend that has 2 spanish speaking people in the family. Still puts a smile on my face when the two of them pick up the remote and switch from sat to sat, grinning from ear to ear, checking out the spanish content.

FYI... I also had to put the dish as 33W in USALS, then switch to 1.2 and start jogging it over to 30W. The dish sure looks funny almost laying on its side skewed at 57 degrees. The neighbor asked why the dish was pointed at his house!

Hey guys i need some info, from you, i am down here in florida and what i have it's a Neosat ipro w/ 33" dish and Invacom LNB, this receiver has a very poor blind scan function, i could get some of the channels on this bird, by manually adding the frequencies and all of the info that needs, but still can not get the "superchannels" anyone caould post here the following:

TP frequency (MHz) -
Polarization -
Symbol rate -
Thanks

I hope to give this a shot today...but... I gotta wash my car, mow the lawn, shorten up some cables and I HAVE to play with my new 622 Dish receiver...man I need time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)