Status
Please reply by conversation.

vicdiaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Trujillo Alto, PR
Hi,

Have spent two days trying to align my 100x110 dish to Hispasat at 30W. My position is 18.35N / 65.98W in the Caribbean. With my Orbital Tracker OTM500 3.0 sat finder (exactly the same model as a FS-1 First Strike) I was able to get in tp 12051 H 27500 with my 10750 LO LNB (Viking VS-FT67). The best I could get signal-wise was 85% and a S/N ratio of 2.9db. BTW, totally clear line of sight from 20 degrees to 135 degrees.

When blind scanning with my Openbox S10 I get 4 transponders:

11865 H 7199
12048 H 12391
12038 V 4235
12081 V 8183

All four transponders have signale levels of more than 80% and quality levels of over 70% (transponder 12038 seems to be intermittent with signal and quality dropping off to zero every one-two seconds). Manually added Hispasat transponders listed on Lyngsat and here (The List) but none of them show signal at all.

The only channel blindscanned seems to be a CNN feed on 11865 directly outside of the Olympic stadium in London (watching it as I write this.)

I suspect that I'm pointing my dish to a different sat since I cannot get in any of the transponders supposed to be in this satellite.

My dish is pointing to 113E, elevation 44 deg and the lnb skew is supposed to be +61. I played a bit with the LNB skew as to get the highest S/N level on the transponder mentioned a few paragraphs above.

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Vic

Vic
Welcome to the forum, I'm in the Ciudad del Valenciano in the east coast. 44degrees elevation is usually related. There is always a 5 degrees up or down depending how well (flat) is the floor or roof for the elevation. You will need to point close to 125 degrees which is almost in the opposite direction of the PR Dish Net dishes. I usually used 11884 V 27500 and the line or cero of the LNB pointing at 2:30pm. Using a regular 4 1/2 feet and a lineal LNB 10750 I can get almost all the TP s availables for our region with my S9/S10. Once you set the dish you will need to tweak a little canal 11 Salta 12162 V 3030 which is usually the harder to get. The TPs you mentioned are NOT from Hispasat so I assumed you're off the target. Good Luck

Hi Carlos!!!!!

Thanks (Gracias!!!) for you feedback!!!!

I suspected I was off target, but swinging the dish E-SE and SE-E and elevation both ways only peaked on this unknown sat. I'm sure it's pointed 126 degrees since I used a magnetic compass and a iPhone to be sure.

Will check again next weekend since the dish is in the roof of a second floor.

I'm still wondering from which satellite are those transponders and the CNN wild-feed i'm getting!!!

I would guess you may be on 37.5 West, which has no fulltime video in FTA mode.
It's close enough to 30--to easily be confused, and there really are no other Ku channels nearby.
Most other satellites use the Euro portion of the Ku spectrum and 37.5 West would be the exception, so it may win from the process of elimination.

I can verify that you are on 37.5W, scan those transponders in last week. Strong quality no TV channels.

My advice is go east young man.

mikelib

Hey Vic
Send me a PM so I can give you my phone number and help you out with your installations!!:)

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Got home early and following recommendations I finally was able to lock on!!!!! The issue was that my dish's angle bracket has three different elevation scales and I was using the wrong one!!! After adjusting it to the proper one I was able to get my sat finder to lock on! Got 13 transponders with over 65% quality level and one with no signal at all. About 67 channels and a bunch of radio stations!!!

Next weekend I'll start findling again with the SG2100 H-H motor and see how it works!

Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)