History, biography @101w low signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabe1

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
AMC 101-History and Biography Channel

Hello
Does anyone know why the Biography Channel and History channel disappear late afternoon and at night and then reappears in the morning with good signal?

All other channels on AMC4 101 are coming in fine with good signal
I am getting about 80% on RTPi and FOX 64

Is the Biography Channel and History channel free to air for only half a day :) ?

No switches
1-Single lnb DGL-780
80” of cable
Pansat receiver
33” Offset Universal dish

Thanks

Haven't noticed that problem, seen both ch at all hours. Could be some type of interference is messing with your reception?

80% on RTPi is too low , usually I get over 95 with any receiver on even a 60 cm (24") Dish. Re-peak your dish and check all connectors/cables. Although maybe with Pansat , 80% equals over 95% with other receivers.

80% on RTPi is too low , usually I get over 95 with any receiver on even a 60 cm (24") Dish. Re-peak your dish and check all connectors/cables. Although maybe with Pansat , 80% equals over 95% with other receivers.

thats not it. I have a Pansat 1500 which the meter is pretty "true" and RTPI pegs the meter at 99 and doesnt budge even if I am off by one or even two clicks. That transponder is strong...even stronger than 3ABN at 11822 which I thought was one of the strongest signals out there

What is your signal strenght on the bio and history channels?

problem with the history and bio channel?

i have a problem with both of those channels on 101 ,for some reason about4-6 oclock in the evening they break up . i end up loosing those channels just about every night. or i get alot of breaking up .jsually back in the morning. i tried a fortech classic na ,a sonic view 4000 ,a viewsat ultra with the same results?but it happens only in the evening?not sure but it got me scratching my head.:confused:

I've seen a lot of complaints about the same thing. I have to figure something is going on with the uplink site or the bird. It's not your problem , alone. Not that that makes losing it any better. I'm getting it on my 1M dish at 35Q on a Merc II. Pixelation point is 30 on the Merc, so the signal is NOT strong.
:(

I just replaced my 31" with a 36" dish and cleared up my problems for 83 and 101. Motor bolt to dish was loose (too much play) also, but if others have similar problems, the bolt may not have been the problem. 101 on my Merc II quality is 40-42

History and Bio are back up to 56Q on my Merc II this morning, from 35Q last night. Obviously something is going on.
:)

These channels have a problem that I think is associated with the satellite. Nightly they fall down to around 15 from 60 during the day. This is the whole reason behind a project I'm currently working on. This shed's more light on these channel issues too.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/185869-two-lnbf-alignment-question.html

Just to chime in, I get the same problems in the evening/night also. But my signal is lower to begin with as I have 101 as a offset lnb on my 105 90cm dish.

These channels have a problem that I think is associated with the satellite. Nightly they fall down to around 15 from 60 during the day. This is the whole reason behind a project I'm currently working on. This shed's more light on these channel issues too.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/185869-two-lnbf-alignment-question.html

I wonder if it could be related to the bird's solar receptors going dark for a period of time, and having to rely on battery power only. I'll bet Anole knows how long the "night" lasts for the satellites in question.

I wonder if it could be related to the bird's solar receptors going dark for a period of time, and having to rely on battery power only. I'll bet Anole knows how long the "night" lasts for the satellites in question.

That's what I was saying in my thread about my project I'm working on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts