History channel discontinues c band analog feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
History channel has ceased broadcasting C-band analog feed today. A call to NPS elicted the information that they are trying to make a deal for DCII transmission.

What has me slightly irrate is I had called NPS 10 days ago to check on whether or not History analog was going to continue being broadcast. I was told that the analog feed would continue until March 15th, and then History channel would be available via DCII (4dtv). This is not what NPS's recording states and today definately is not March 15th. :mad:

This is from John at NPS he posted it on the 4d forum:

NPS was notified today, History Channel has ceased it's analog feed on c3-12. NPS will be making History Channel available in the next few days on
4dtv digital. This channel will NOT, I repeat NOT, be ku-band. I will notify of satellite and channel location as soon as I know it. History Channel West will be located on c4-610.

Just contacted NPS and got the History West, History Intl and Biography activated on 4DTV. I was told thought that there will be NO History Channel East. That seems stupid to take East off analog and not put it on digital and put West on digital after it was taken off of analog over a year ago. Does anyone have a information about this?

Diamond Jim said:
Just contacted NPS and got the History West, History Intl and Biography activated on 4DTV. I was told thought that there will be NO History Channel East. That seems stupid to take East off analog and not put it on digital and put West on digital after it was taken off of analog over a year ago. Does anyone have a information about this?

History channel east has been mapped on X4-612 :)

It's up and running on X4, 612. NPS hooked me up this afternoon. It's amazing, when they cancel a service they have no problems cutting it off right away, but when they change a format that you have paid to get, you have to call them and beg them to turn it on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)