History International HD Exists?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
But, it DOESN'T list History Channel as HD.

I wouldn't read too much into it...probably just sloppy graphic design. It wouldn't surprise me if it's in the works, but this flier means nothing.

But, it DOESN'T list History Channel as HD.

I wouldn't read too much into it...probably just sloppy graphic design. It wouldn't surprise me if it's in the works, but this flier means nothing.

That'd be my interpretation also. Would love to have History International in HD - History & History International must comprise about 50% of my "channel-surfing-type" viewing.

I like how that 2009 Channel Line up card still has Discovery Times and Discovery Home & Leisure. I'm guessing that this is supposed to be for business television needs since it is the"OFFICE CHOICE" package. Between CHOICE in the title, and the d* logo on the bottom (looking at page 2) I am guess it is safe to assume this is a direct thing. SO, if it is D*... it seems awfully odd for a 2009 channel card to have Hist Internation and Travel in HD (which d* doesn't have) but then show channels that they DO have in HD, not being in HD; such as History, Fox News, Science, Nat Geo, Biography, Toon Disney, and ABC Family.

After looking at that list, I would say History International HD is simply mislabeled. If you look right above it, History Channel is not labeled in HD but is listed at the bottom. I believe the wrong History was just highlighted as being in HD. I really hope History International and even Military History come in HD very soon though.

The problem with a History Channel International HD is that the truly international content is NOT in HD. Disney & Hearst, the controlling owners of the A&E History Networks, are two companies who DON'T like to spend money, and they would have to convert the FILMED content, forget the videotaped content. Europe has had the widescreen aspect ratio for some time now for STANDARD def, not HD. So, you would be getting a channel an awful like BETJ HD that seems to have 100% standard definition programming. If it does have any HD programming on it, I've missed it.

Now, SOME of the programming aired on History International that are re-runs of shows originally aired on History Channel would be in HD, (not the really old stuff they air) but we have already seen that stuff on History Channel, so the value is very low. In fact, it really burns me that H.I. airs so much of what was already aired on History Channel because it has ruined what used to be one of my favorite channels, and it's value is the stuff they air from Europe, not the USA, that can't be seen almost anywhere else. But, I'm sure they are airing more old History Channel programming because it is cheaper. What else is new?

The problem with a History Channel International HD is that the truly international content is NOT in HD. Disney & Hearst, the controlling owners of the A&E History Networks, are two companies who DON'T like to spend money, and they would have to convert the FILMED content, forget the videotaped content. Europe has had the widescreen aspect ratio for some time now for STANDARD def, not HD. So, you would be getting a channel an awful like BETJ HD that seems to have 100% standard definition programming. If it does have any HD programming on it, I've missed it.
Umm u would DOWNCONVERT film content Its captured at a HIGHER resoloution than 1080i or 1080p

The content has already been converted and it is all 480i.

As was said, Disney is as frugal as Charlie, and they will not duplicate SD programming by re converting the original film to 1080.

They may advertize HI as HD but look for HDS content to be sparse for sometime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)