Hitachi plasma setup HELP!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cutter

Original poster
May 13, 2006
I am totally clueless and hope someone here can help me.

My dad has a Hitachi 42HDF52 and a standard Directv receiver. He hit some button on the television's remote and now no more directv. Directv's customer/tech service is no help. The screen says to go into directv menu and select channel scan. This does nothing. Neither does resetting the receiver. It has to do with the setup of the actual television. My dad says someone used to fix this (yes, it's happened a few times) by using the menu button on the actual TV. I have tried most of the options and am obviously missing something. If this if familiar to anyone, PLEASE PLEASE HELP!:

Cutter said:
I am totally clueless and hope someone here can help me.

My dad has a Hitachi 42HDF52 and a standard Directv receiver. He hit some button on the television's remote and now no more directv. Directv's customer/tech service is no help. The screen says to go into directv menu and select channel scan. This does nothing. Neither does resetting the receiver. It has to do with the setup of the actual television. My dad says someone used to fix this (yes, it's happened a few times) by using the menu button on the actual TV. I have tried most of the options and am obviously missing something. If this if familiar to anyone, PLEASE PLEASE HELP!:

Have you tried unplugging the television for a couple of minutes to reset it? Might work. Good luck!

You see on screen msgs on the TV? Have you checked the INPUT MODE the TV is in? Like s-video IN, Video1, tuned to channel 3 or 4, etc.

Charper's right. It has to be a problem with selecting the correct input on the tv.

The tv (or plasma) has absolutely no control or anything to do with the D* receiver except to display whatever is sent to it.

Check the connection from the D* receiver to the plasma, determine where it is going in and select that input from the menu.

oops didn't notice it was a plasma; sorry! (chnl 3 or 4 LOL!)

....check the INPUT MODE the TV is in; like s-video IN, Video1/2, component, HDMI, DVI, etc.

No, you got it right the first time. This model has tuners. Surprised me, I didn't know any of them did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts