Hitting G25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedishdoc

Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Hello,
I’m hoping for some advice in regards to my FTA endeavors. I have a CaptiveWorks Cw600s Premium receiver and a Winegard 100 cm dish with a Invacom QHP-031 lnb.. I’m trying to hit G25 located at 97 west because it has some FTA channels I am interested in. I have the LNB wired to the linear side. It is directly connected to my receiver. (No switches, etc, inline.) At my location the bird is 202.2 Az and 51.8 Elevation. I know the beam width is more narrow with a higher gain dish, but this is kicking my butt. I’ve shot the azimuth repeatedly and I’m sure I’m on target or very close. The elevation is also correct. I get strength reading in the 70s but nothing on quality. My channel master meter screams that I am on target. Why isn’t my meter letting me find this bird? Sat pole is plumb. I’ve installed hundreds of C-Band, DTV and Dishnetwork systems but I’ve hit a wall with this one. I think my receiver settings may be the problem. Can anyone give me some advice about the appropriate receiver settings for this bird or receiver/lnb combination? Thanks for any assistance.

Proud owner of a new toy.

Note: for alignment purposes, I’ve hooked the 100cm Winegard directly to the receiver, bypassing the switches.

Looks good best I can tell. Try using 12177V with 23000 SR and move the dish around a very little bit if you think you are close.

:welcome to the group

if there are other option under lnb type. what others are there.... if single or standard are available use those.

on the 22k if not using one you can set to it ..... off ( if you can)

The Captiveworks will read signal quality low...just the nature of the receiver. Just a FYI :)

Did you run a blind scan since you're getting that much signal? I always do that
when I'm trying to lock in on a sat. Even with the skew possibly off a bit, with a 70 you should be getting something. Getting the tv/receiver out to where you, or a helper can see it will help. Nice looking dish, it should get that sat great.

I would also turn the 22k to OFF versus auto...seen issues with that before

the signal strength means there is a connection to the LNB....I've aimed mine at the house and seen 70% signal.

Don't let that big dish eat you up! :hungry: That thing is big!

CaptiveWorks receivers are POPULAR in the mal-ware market. They aren't built for true FTA. Good luck though. :)

Your LO (LNB Frequency) looks perfect for the QPH.

I believe he was suggesting you try Transponder 12177V and the symbol rate (you'll need to enter / verify this) is 23000.

I'm seeing 94% quality on both the TP you have selected in your screen shot and the one he suggested on the CoolSat (almost pegging the meter). The Coolsat meter does read high though. 63% seems to be the minimum to get a watchable picture.

Try find AMC4 at 101W. If you can find AMC4 (try TP 11822) which is very strong. Galaxy 25 is just 4 degrees above and just move your azimuth a little due south (a bit at a time). Sometime the elevation on the dish is off so what I do some time as I move the the Azimuth position I lift the dish (up and down ... seasaw) slowly and it always hit the signal)

:welcome to the group

if there are other option under lnb type. what others are there.... if single or standard are available use those.

on the 22k if not using one you can set to it ..... off ( if you can)
LNB options are 1-Normal and 2-OCS-DP
Thanks for the response.

I would also turn the 22k to OFF versus auto...seen issues with that before

the signal strength means there is a connection to the LNB....I've aimed mine at the house and seen 70% signal.
What about the tone I get from my meter when aiming the dish. Will a channel master meter work for this bird?

Don't let that big dish eat you up! :hungry: That thing is big!

CaptiveWorks receivers are POPULAR in the mal-ware market. They aren't built for true FTA. Good luck though. :)
Which receiver do you prefer? Are there some with a "hotter front end" i.e. a better receiver circuit for weaker stations? I guess that doesn't apply to digital reception. My old analog brain. :rolleyes:

Which receiver do you prefer? Are there some with a "hotter front end" i.e. a better receiver circuit for weaker stations? I guess that doesn't apply to digital reception. My old analog brain. :rolleyes:

Actually it can apply to digital reception, for example when I had a smaller dish 36", some feeds my Pansat could not pickup but my Twinhan PCI DVB card could.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts