Hmmm... France 24 gone from NSS806?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
For the last couple months or so I have been enjoying France 24 in Eng and French on NSS806 at TP 3803 V 26860. Now it does not seem to be there any more, disappeared in the last couple of days. Just me? Other usual channels coming in nicely, so I don't think it is a dish tweak issue.

I found nine channels but they all are scrambled it appears. I had France 24 on a different transponder which is no signal for me now.

Scratch that. You are talking 47.5W and I'm thinking 58.0W. I can't get that far east :(

For the last couple months or so I have been enjoying France 24 in Eng and French on NSS806 at TP 3803 V 26860. Now it does not seem to be there any more, disappeared in the last couple of days. Just me? Other usual channels coming in nicely, so I don't think it is a dish tweak issue.
If you can 'see' 58W you can watch there using 3840 H 27690. A live stream is also available on Youtube:
:)

I've never seen France 24 at 47.5w, but it is, or at least was at the parameters you listed on SES-6 at 40.5 w. Not home so can't check right now. It is also on 58w as others have mentioned.

Yes, I knew about 58W and the Net stream, thanks, however it was convenient to have a number of stops on the one bird for which I have a stationary dish. Ah well, easy come easy go. I'll keep an eye on it.

lost_mesa I too was suprised to find France 24 there, but there it was. The signal was borderline on my 10 footer, but reliable. I'm a bit confused about NSS806 location, in some places it is 40.5 W and others 47.5 - I think I am at 40.5. Maybe I should be calling it SES-6 since I think NSS was replaced very recently.

lost_mesa I too was suprised to find France 24 there, but there it was. The signal was borderline on my 10 footer, but reliable. I'm a bit confused about NSS806 location, in some places it is 40.5 W and others 47.5 - I think I am at 40.5. Maybe I should be calling it SES-6 since I think NSS was replaced very recently.
It is best to just refer to the position in the sky, that never changes ;)

No problem. I sometimes find the satellite names confusing, so I just use the longitude. These days I have to look up the names, but I do still remember that Satcom F2 was at 119w back in the late 70s. :)

Anyway, reliable sources say NSS806 is at 47.5w and SES-6 is at 40.5w. France 24 showed up at 40.5w back around April if I remember right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts