HOA Can't Take This BUD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jim "Spot" Beam said:
I had issues dealing with township busybody patrols (they actually have a guy on payroll).

Two weeks of email just to get them to understand that FCC trumps TWP (township) rules regarding 1 meter dishes.

I can go up to 8 feet, stay 6 feet from boundary, yada yada yada, you have to submit your plan and pay a $25 fee. Maybe your HOA has one of those loopholes, or others?

They bent pretty well after email tag number ten. I was also asking them about how many decoy geese I could put out in one spread on my in town front yard. If some people can put up concrete geese with no objections then I feel I have a right to display my interests.

Your HOA got issues with goose decoy spreads? Play a little "Let's make a deal" with them. I get my dish and the plastic geese stay in the garage.:devil:

HOA rules can be strange at times, in our CC&R's they state we can store/use a 10ft Basketball goal in our backyard. So maybe I should put the dish up on a 10ft pole with a basketball rim and net and call it good should be no problem. Then I would have a very good line of sight to all of the satellites.

I still like the Pink Flamingos! Those guys really get people's juices flowing!

As the other poster said...mount one on the feedhorn or perhaps the top edge of the dish...so the pink guy can have the best view! Pink Flamingos bring out the bargining in the HOA world! (I also like the decoy geese!)

My 8 ft BUD has been in the same place for 12 yrs now (transplanted from another home I moved from). We have no HOA but my neighbors are very cool, and always have been! (Especially when I invite them over to see the 4dtv + Hdd200 + Plasma!......)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)