Holiday jeer at Wal-Mart

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Tempers flare as limited supplies of sweet advertised deals sell out within minutes.

Wal-Mart may be offering super-low prices on some popular electronics, but standing in line for hours only to be told the store sold out if its limited supply within minutes isn't sitting well with some customers.

"That was terrible shopping," a woman at a Maryland Wal-Mart, who would only go by Ms. Newman because she was supposed to be at work, told CNNMoney.com Friday morning. "There were fights. Some folks were there at 1 a.m., but they didn't get what they wanted. They need to get more stuff in the store."

CNN showed video from affiliate WFTV of shoppers scuffling at a Wal-Mart store in Orlando, Fla., with an eyewitness saying laptops were being thrown "20 feet in the air and people were collapsing on each other to grab them. It was ridiculous."

Full Story

Hmm, I wonder who would have to pay for the broken laptop? I'm sure surveilance camera's would help resolve that issue or Wal-Mart will be the one paying for it. I got this Toshiba Satellite laptop for $350 and it was only six weeks old. The guy paid $1,600 for it. The guy needed the money real bad. I already had one so I was not willing to pay much for it.

Most of the stuff that was on sale I did not really need, already have one or two of them. Its a waste of money if you dont need it in my opinion unless you can resell it and make some money on it or could use it later on when the prices will probably be lower on them anyways.

I wonder how many people went there just to see the fighting and pushing and shoving for entertainment? lol.

Have these shoppers NEVER gone shopping on Black Friday? Every year every store has some super dooper low price on a few items, only to have a very few of them in the store. The fact that these people were in line waiting for them before the store opened tells me that they knew that supplies might be limited.

That is what I wonder. I would have thought that they would have learned their lesson before. Those that got their deals (like the one I talked to on here yesterday that was on the news and she got her $199 Toshiba laptop) will go back again if they were successful before. It is like the lottery and they see this as their best odds. If the line is already long they might as well give up. Does everybody think that they are going to sell a lot of the cheap product? They probably sell it at or below cost just to get customers in there to buy other things for regular price.

Just shows how dumb walmart shoppers are, they could have bought everything in the ad online on thursday and avoided the whole thing. I don't get it man...

Wal-Mart has what, 5000 stores??

Say each one gets 30 of each item.

That's 150,000 of each item that the comapny bought and hopes would sell out.

Some people are just born stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts