Holly, new

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyb

Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Hi, I'm Holly, I'm new here, I'm a single-parent 58 year old in Northern California raising a teenage boy. I immigrated from England about 25 years ago and I'm now a semi-retired law student! I used to be a technical writer in Electronics so I know one end of a cable from the other:)

I have a rotatable FTA Ku band dish on my roof and I've ordered PBS AC3 hardware to go with a Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver that bought two years ago and have just found time to install.

I wanted to say hi! and also to ask if there's a way to get British TV programming (BBC or ITV) without buying a turnkey package deal?

I don't mind paying a modest fee each month but don't want to get into a long term contract to buy 200 useless sports and home shopping channels as seems to come with cable and commercial satellite packages. Or any kind of long term contract for that matter. As a law student I have to say I would never sign one of those DishTV contracts or similar because I cannot understand them (and neither can anyone else I suspect).

So what's the best deal for someone who does not want one of the "consumer" packages with hardware? I do realise it may well have to be C-Band equipment, but what kind?

you can get dish on a pre pay ala pay as you go, no long term contract.

anyhow welcome a single parent and law student at your age thats impressive

unfortunatelly there are only a couple of channels from England on free to air. BBCWorld is one. I wish we could get the BBC over here

Hi, I'm Holly, I'm new here, I'm a single-parent 58 year old in Northern California raising a teenage boy. I immigrated from England about 25 years ago and I'm now a semi-retired law student! I used to be a technical writer in Electronics so I know one end of a cable from the other:)
Welcome Aboard :D
:welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts