Hollywood Reporter Predicts 2008 Win for Blu-ray

What are we all gonna do when the war is over, things will be so quiet around here :)

we will argue about the next up coming formats OFC! :D

maybe fight about the PS4 vs the Xbox720

Or maybe MS and Sony will become kissing cousins and We will be complaining how the Uss (nintendo's next next generation console which uses direct implants into the cortex) suxxors.

LoL

I honestly wish that it would officially be decided. I really want to buy a HD-DVD, or Blue-Ray player, but I am not about to drop the cash on the wrong format.

I will start the complaint now about the direct implants, No F'n Way, when and if that ever comes about my gaming days are over! Now if a system where to ever use some serious VR with electrodes (surface of the skin) that read muscle reactions that would rock. Dammit Akodorein you got me off topic :)

I honestly wish that it would officially be decided. I really want to buy a HD-DVD, or Blue-Ray player, but I am not about to drop the cash on the wrong format.

I will start the complaint now about the direct implants, No F'n Way, when and if that ever comes about my gaming days are over! Now if a system where to ever use some serious VR with electrodes (surface of the skin) that read muscle reactions that would rock. Dammit Akodorein you got me off topic :)

Sorry been drinking again. My bad. :D

Has there been a BOGO EVERY week for BD?

Has there NEVER been an HD-DVD BOGO?

If the answer to both is yes, you have a point. If not, it's just BS.

HD DVD first BOGO was last week, I lost count of all the BD BOGO offers. Lets keep things in perspective!!!

If they are citing the PS3 as a major reason, that is wrong. Not sure why they make that statement when the PS3 is not bought for movies, but games.

I would dispute that, some are bought for movies only

HD DVD first BOGO was last week, I lost count of all the BD BOGO offers. Lets keep things in perspective!!!

There's nothing stopping HD-DVD from having a BOGO, or dropping their price entirely for that matter. Isn't HD-DVD supposed to be so much cheaper than BD to produce? All they'd have to do is drop prices to near SD-DVD and it would be game over. It would seem their greed is killing them.

There's nothing stopping HD-DVD from having a BOGO, or dropping their price entirely for that matter. Isn't HD-DVD supposed to be so much cheaper than BD to produce? All they'd have to do is drop prices to near SD-DVD and it would be game over. It would seem their greed is killing them.

Nah, they wanted to see how the BOGOs would affect the market. Well they figured it out it seems. We will see more and more for both sides as this thing finally starts to shake out. :D
BTW didn't I read on this forum a week or so ago that HD-DVD has shaved ~$4 off of their titles starting soon.

Seems like they are doing exactly what you are saying they are not.

I was simply countering your statement "If the answer to both is yes, you have a point. If not, it's just BS." There seems to be a lack of prespective in your statement.

Okay, here are three reasons this war ends in 2008.

Warner decides to go BD only. Chances of that are pretty slim no matter what anybody says.

Toshiba decides to give up -- they did not do that in the past and they don't seem to be losing any steam right now either.

Sony and the BDA give up -- Sony's entire future is on the line here -- don't see that happening right now. The other supporters of BD decide to give up or go nuetral -- chances are pretty slim here too.

What is real interesting is that the USA market is the only one in the world that is currently being challenged. The rest of the world is leaning blu and pretty heavily. But the USA market is big enough to have its own format or it can also support both.

My leaning of lately has been that the retailers and studios are going to end this for us. They are going to decide what they want to sell. As has been pointed out time and time again, the percentage of high def sales to regular DVD sales is in the single digits. And that folks is pretty weak. Because of this I really do not see a solution in 2008 unless one of the 3 things happens that I listed at the begining.

If my local store is any indication, I think Best Buy has had some really great BD sales this year. They have 8' more BD shelf space than HD, I've never seen anyone buying HD. I always see people buying BD and the selection gets ravished every week.

If my local store is any indication, I think Best Buy has had some really great BD sales this year. They have 8' more BD shelf space than HD, I've never seen anyone buying HD. I always see people buying BD and the selection gets ravished every week.

Apparently someone's buying HDDVD, BD can't get past a 2:1 lead despite a larger install base. As stated so many times, if it weren't for the BOGO sales, stats would have leaned toward HDDVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)