Home made component cables

Vice Grips

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Anyone here made their own?

The prices for store bought component cables in my area (Toronto) is outragous.

So far from what I gather they have to be 75ohms. RG6 is 75ohms. With some crimp on RCA RG6 connectors this is starting to sound like it may be fine. I've made plenty of audio cables for a fraction of the cost of bought cables using quality wire and connectors. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, pros and cons to offer?

RG6 ends are way different from RCA ends.

Have you tried ordering them directly from the internet? Pacific cable is a good place to get cables from.

Actually The Dish Store sells Skywalker...Skywalker has kits to make HQ component Video cables from their 18 Guage Quad Shield RG6u...complete with gold plated snap lock connector fittings and ratcheting crimper.

If you need part numbers I have the catalog and will give you the part numbers to give to Claude for an easier look up.

Jason

That would be much appriciated! I already have a ratcheting crimper. Hope I can buy the other pieces.

Vice Grips said:
That would be much appriciated! I already have a ratcheting crimper. Hope I can buy the other pieces.
The crimper in this situation is unique to thi application.

Call Claude regarding these parts: I could give pricing, but what I have is MRSP and I'm sure Claude can hook you up with a better package price.

* Lock & Seal RCA connectors for RG6: each part number in bags of 5;
Part numbers SKY9903 (RED), SKY9904 (WHITE), SKY9905 (GREEN), SKY9906 (BLUE)

*Deluxe Lock & Seal Compression Tool: Part Number SKY5082

*SKY1204 G (Grey) or B (Black) or W (White)...1000' 18 gauge center conductor...I have used Skywalker RG6u and I feel that it is the best I have used....ever.

Hope this helps,
Jason

I've used RG-6 for a 30'+ component run. I just used regular F connectors, and Radio Shack F to RCA adapters. Works just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)