HOME MEDIA MOVIES PLAY BUT CANT STOP THEM

alberto7valdez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
I've been playing around with coding movies to play thru home media and regardless of what type of movies i play (mpg4,mpe2,mkv etc...), once i start the movie, there's nothing i can do to stop, pause, ffwd etc...it just keeps on playing. I can get back to regular channel viewing, but if i try to play another movie thru home media, the original movie is still playing. In order to play another movie i have to reboot the hopper. So far i've been able to play some mpeg4 movies and most mpeg2. mkv movies only play sound. The exact same thing happens to the joey

using hopper and joey (new hopper w/sling)

I'm playing the movies thru a ntfs usb 750gb drive connected to my router (asus rt-n66u)

any suggestions to fix this?.... thx

Last edited:
I've been playing around with coding movies to play thru home media and regardless of what type of movies i play (mpg4,mpe2,mkv etc...), once i start the movie, there's nothing i can do to stop, pause, ffwd etc...it just keeps on playing. I can get back to regular channel viewing, but if i try to play another movie thru home media, the original movie is still playing. In order to play another movie i have to reboot the hopper. So far i've been able to play some mpeg4 movies and most mpeg2. mkv movies only play sound. The exact same thing happens to the joey

using hopper and joey (new hopper w/sling)

I'm playing the movies thru a ntfs usb 750gb drive connected to my router (asus rt-n66u)

any suggestions to fix this?.... thx

yes there is an answer. Not to be sarcastic but using a Roku running Plex does a much better job and is easier to use. I've tried both and imo no comparison. Only drawback is it needs a powerful pc to recode should it have to do so. But if you are ripping the videos you can rip them in the format that the Roku likes and there will be no transcoding.

I am assuming that you asked for a Roku last year when Dish was giving them out for free do to the AMC problem.