Home media videos

The only way I was able to get it working reliably was to insert a wifi receiver into the Joey, there's a port on the back for the wifi receiver to insert and I'm using Microsoft media server that is part of Win7. After that works just fine.

Cheers,
Bob

The Playon My Media server works great. I just downloaded it the other night and like the other person said there is no fee if you just want to use that. You have to manually add all of the media files that you want to use, it won't find them on it's own. I was able to add video files that were stored on an ext. HD and it plays them just fine. The only problem I had was when I tried to fast forward or skip ahead in a video it totally froze up and I had to re-boot the Joey to be able to do anything. I don't know why it did that or if there is a work around. Some of the videos I have are very old and were actually recorded on VHS tape, transfered to DVD and then to the computer. My guess is that might have something to do with the freeze up.

The other thing I really liked was that there is a check box if you want it to see your I-tunes files. I struggled for weeks trying to get the Windows media server to see my I-tunes music without success. The My Media server saw all of my I-tunes stuff right away without having to switch the audio files to Mp3 first.

I kinda sound like I work for Playon but trust me I don't:)

I have 2 HWS, both connected by CAT5 to my router. I agree playon seems to work best, but the HWS still freezes and is sooo slow when using home media. Not 100% sure all media plays yet. I also have a PLEX media server that I use with my ROKU wirelessly and it is so snappy and plays all my media.

I have the original Hopper and 2 Joeys with a Cat5 run from the router to the Hopper. The 2 Joeys use the bridge connection.

No problems with My Media and this setup except for the fast forward problem I mentioned. Of course I have only been playing with it for a few days. I might discover some issues as i go along but so far it is working much better than Windows Media.

I have the original Hopper and 2 Joeys with a Cat5 run from the router to the Hopper. The 2 Joeys use the bridge connection.

No problems with My Media and this setup except for the fast forward problem I mentioned. Of course I have only been playing with it for a few days. I might discover some issues as i go along but so far it is working much better than Windows Media.

How does yours work on your Joeys? I couldn't even see my computer content with the Joey until I installed the WIFI adapter then all has been fine even thru media player server. I gotta say tho thru the Joey it's still very clunky. On an asside - been away on vacation for the last 2 weeks using Dishanywhere - nice works great too bad I've only got a tiny laptop to watch with. Oh and I cant see my computer vids with Dishanywhere, anyone else able to get at computer vids thru remote?

Cheers,
Bob

Cheers,
Bob

How does yours work on your Joeys? I couldn't even see my computer content with the Joey until I installed the WIFI adapter then all has been fine even thru media player server. I gotta say tho thru the Joey it's still very clunky. On an asside - been away on vacation for the last 2 weeks using Dishanywhere - nice works great too bad I've only got a tiny laptop to watch with. Oh and I cant see my computer vids with Dishanywhere, anyone else able to get at computer vids thru remote?

Cheers,
Bob

Cheers,
Bob

It seems to work ok on the Joey's with the setup I have. There have been a few freeze-ups though. I'm still learning how to open and view some of my videos. It seems to work better if I open a video folder and then look for the particular segment that I want to watch rather than trying to open it from the video list.

Itunes works great although I noticed the same problem as I do in the car. Even with volume leveling turned on some songs are much louder than others. You really have to be very careful of how high you have the volume turned up:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts