Homemade HD PVR

wmichsabre

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
Is it possible to connect a VOOM receiver to a PC videocard (which one?) and record shows on the hard drive, and burn it to a DVD?

There aren't the features of pausing live TV, but can't that work?

Only for the 480i output. You can do that with the SVideo out of the box, but you cannot do it with any of the HD out methods (component and DVI).

you CAN record DVI and Component, but the card will run you $5000-$20,000. You supply the computer with a minimum 300GD hard drive-of corse. wait 5-10 years and should be able to walk into Best Buy and purchase one for less than $500.

I'm recording HD from the OTA channels via the following:

Macintosh computer running VirtualDVHS software, connected to my Mitsubishi WS55613 via firewire. The programs are captured to an attached external firewire hardrive and I've been recording all of the shows of the new season. Not able to record Voom channels, but the OTA content is not so bad. I also recorded the Giants vs. Browns game yesterday.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me a line.

TAR.

Yes, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Voom and can be done with ANY of the 7-8 OTA capture cards. And frankly, it can be done a lot cheaper than how you're doing it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts