Homemade Multifeed Bracket

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
South Florida
Couple pictures of my lastest project. Allows getting any satellites 25 degrees of either side of center LNB.

Attachments

• MVC-023F.JPG
    MVC-023F.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,233
  • MVC-024F.JPG
    MVC-024F.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 911
ok, i am fairly new to the learing this sat tech,, are you saying that without a motor and without moving the dish, you can get decent signal of a 50degree span???please explain as if to a dummy what this wing specifically can do, cause man thats awesome

Looks good jerry, keep us updated on what you can pickup. How big is the dish your using?
rdel

Meaning letting one go to waste, that's funny Techno! :D

You know it, people do it quite a bit.

In fact, another dish is going to waste, this one house is being torn down and no one has claimed the pizza dish. (it's a E* dish) I could sure use one to replace the crappy non-tilting dish I have for NASA. I'm keepin my eye out for an E* dish that is skewable (tiltable). I guess some companies tend to forget the skew factor.

But not to hi-jack your thread Jerry, but to actually add on here. I assume you can get these parts for the multi-feed at a big blue or orange colored store right? (Home Depot or Lowes)

Plus, I've never understood the need for a reversed polarity LNB on a T-90, T-55, or any toroidal dish for that matter. Could someone explain?

Plus, I've never understood the need for a reversed polarity LNB on a T-90, T-55, or any toroidal dish for that matter. Could someone explain?

"The following satellites (DirecTV 101/110/119, Dish Network 61.5/110/119/148 and Bell Express Vu 82/91) uses circular signals. (All other KU band satellites uses linear signal). For easier understanding and illustration purpose, imagine that your signal comes down as a right-hand circular signal. When this right-hand circular signal hits the reflector, it become a left-hand circular signal. All generic DBS LNBF is to recognize this left-hand circular signal. However, Toroidal uses a second reflectors called sub-reflector. This left-hand circular signal directed to sub-reflector and makes another bounce. It becomes right-hand circular signal. Reversed DBS LNBF is designed to recognize this right-hand circular signal by reversing the voltage circuit inside LNBF in the manufacturing process.

Attachments

• Rotation.jpg
    Rotation.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 441
Good info Pete...I wondered myself

If you use the T90 for a subscription, the reverse LNB's are required. If you slap a LNB for the audio then any circular LNB would be fine. The polarity will just be off.

Good job Jerry

Keep in mind the off center LNBFs will need to be raised or lowered relative to the center LNBF. It could be a few inches lower/higher. That depends on the skew required for your location. Also, using a 90CM+ dish is prefered for such setup.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Good job Jerry

Keep in mind the off center LNBFs will need to be raised or lowered relative to the center LNBF. It could be a few inches lower/higher. That depends on the skew required for your location. Also, using a 90CM+ dish is prefered for such setup.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Using a 100cm which I got from Sadoun.

For what ever reason the outer LNBs are not requiring much difference in height from the center LNB. Only like 1/4 inch lower for the most outer LNB. I always thought that the outer LNB would have to be higher, that was how it worked on my first multifeed dish with a Channel Master 40" X 24". Don't understand why, but I just do what works!!!!

Have had scanning problems for days on this project, had good signal but no channels would scan on outer LNBs. Center LNB was perfect. Turn out to be a metal sliver shorting the cable.

Last edited:
i was thinking about the raised and lowered part too. guess the shape of the toroidal dish does this ( where we can't see it) so some satellites might need to be raised or lowered to aquire best signal.

Jerry
I really liked the looks of that one , its very professonal looking. did you set it up to use the toroidal lnb holders??
thanks

i was thinking about the raised and lowered part too. guess the shape of the toroidal dish does this ( where we can't see it) so some satellites might need to be raised or lowered to aquire best signal.

Jerry
I really liked the looks of that one , its very professonal looking. did you set it up to use the toroidal lnb holders??
thanks

Have about every multifeed bracket I could find, and ended up using the holders from a cheap multifeed on ebay. They allow for up and down adjustment.

well when i get to my tinkering stage i will join you and do alot of information exchanging, i would like to turn a round primestar (its 40X44) on its side to make its shape better for a multi-feed type dish . but this is only an idea right now.

everything you have done here will fit that project.

your
Have about every multifeed bracket I could find, and ended up using the holders from a cheap multifeed on ebay. They allow for up and down adjustment.
this sounds like you buying them & fabricating them also. hopefully your not incurring too much expense.
again great work

Status
Please reply by conversation.