Homemade Multifeed Bracket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Using a 100cm which I got from Sadoun.

For what ever reason the outer LNBs are not requiring much difference in height from the center LNB. Only like 1/4 inch lower for the most outer LNB. I always thought that the outer LNB would have to be higher, that was how it worked on my first multifeed dish with a Channel Master 40" X 24". Don't understand why, but I just do what works!!!!

Have had scanning problems for days on this project, had good signal but no channels would scan on outer LNBs. Center LNB was perfect. Turn out to be a metal sliver shorting the cable.

Excellent then. I am glad it is working for you. Let us know when you're all finished with it's setup what you end up with.

Results of Multifeed bracket;

Weak linear satellites will not work, except with the center LNB. Strong Linears work fine up to 15 degrees from the center, past 15 degrees they just won't scan.

Circulars can be received 25 degrees from dish center no problem.

Focal length. Bracket was set to maintain a set focus distance from the dish. This proved to not work correctly. Outer LNBs needed to be moved closer to the dish. I believe the profle of the dish from the side becomes narrower, so the normal focal distance is now seeing pass the sides of the dish. Moving the LNB to a shorter focal distance worked.

Interesting Project.

Reading about the T90 and about this project, I'm starting to wonder... You know those little RV dishes, that are round shaped. Would it be possible to somehow rig up something like that, mixed with something like what you are doing, and more or less create a dish that can pick up any satellite at any time, while travelling in a vehicle? The dish would have to be weirdly shaped and stuff, and you'd have to have lnb all the way around the thing, but physically, would it be possible?... Maybe hook some sort of a floating deally so that it is always level, and a compass on the thing and some magnets so that it's always facing due south

The RV dishes that are dome shaped have a legit dish in them. Most are DBS type and are smaller than a regulation 18" dish :)

I've seen them in action. Most are motorized so the end user controls moving the dish like a remote control. They watch the signal on their receiver screen and the dish scans tryign to find a signal (any DBS signal)

I would like a bracket to put on my Fortec 1.2 meter dish so I could use a standatd KU LNB and a C Band LNB.

These new C/KU LNBs work well however from my findings work good on KU only or C Band only there is no inbetween that I have found.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)