HomePlug built into the 622, How cool is that?

The PLK200 is HomePlugAV (200Mbps) which is not compatible with the HomePlug 1.0 (14Mbps) that is built into the 622 and 722, so you are going to have to use the second adapter plugged into the Ethernet port on your DVR in order to connect it to the other PLK200 that is connected to your router.

I still need to get to the bottom of the wiring at my place and figure out why all 3 of my 622's aren't seeing each other. the 2 on the first floor see each other, but the one on the 2nd floor doesn't see them.

And the one in my bedroom doesn't see the the HomePlug to Ethernet adapter upstairs, but the one in the living room downstairs sees the HP->Ethernet adapter sometimes.

And the 3rd one (upstairs) sees none of it.

Really weird.

is it possible that they are on different 'legs' of the fuse box? would that matter? it might if there is a 'whole house' surge protector in the box.

No whole house surge protector. Might be different sides of the 230, but would that matter?

I haven't traced all the branches, etc.

(there is one CB panel outside that has the big stuff (AC/Oven), and then a sub panel in the garage with all the other stuff.

I really ought to just get an electrician to the house, and add more outlets upstairs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

TII Power Surge Protector

I am interested in buying two of the TII surge protectors. I have pm the Vega about his post in June that he has access to them but no reply as of yet. I have googled but cant find the one that is mentioned in this thread. I would appreciate any suggestions as to where I might be able to purchase two of the TII powerline compatibel surge protectors.

Thanks

JC

Availability of Homeplug-Compatible Surge Protectors

It appears that the choices for Homeplug-compatible surge arrestors are the Belkin F9M923-08GRY-PL and DishNetwork's recommended TII HNP6-X-T-S . A search for each, as well as TII's HNP6-X-T-C, shows that the Belkin is no longer made and vendors for the TII are not readily available (nobody on line). Thus, I gave up on using the 622 power connector and have connection two Netgear XE102G through the Ethernet connections in my existing Belkin surge protectors (one at the modem/router location and the other at the 622 location). The XE102G are at risk from surges, but everything else is protected.

Thanks for all the great info. I am trying to utilize dish sling adapter with a vip722. The adapter will only work for me if the receiver is plugged directly into the wall. I am using two WD AV homeplug units but the 722 will not communicate with them unless it is plugged directly into the wall. At that point it will allow communication with the receiver via the internet on Dish remote access but the receiver does not show as a connected unit in the WD diagnostics software screen. In your experience since the vip722 has DishComm capability does it also have home plug 1.0 capability built into it?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts