HomePlug

HughMcD

Original poster
May 5, 2008
Has anyone used the NETGEAR Wall-Plugged Ethernet Bridge XE102 with a VIP722 or VIP222?

I need an inexpensive solution to the nagging phone charge.

Thanks,
Hugh

I am using Xterasys PLE0085 Power Line to Ethernet Bridge with one 722 and two 622 DVRs. Works great. Never any issues. Only paid about $47 (over the web). Like this unit because it plugs into wall using a short cord instead of blocking the outlet.

I am using Xterasys PLE0085 Power Line to Ethernet Bridge with one 722 and two 622 DVRs. Works great. Never any issues. Only paid about $47 (over the web). Like this unit because it plugs into wall using a short cord instead of blocking the outlet.

Resurrecting a bit of an old thread here ... hope I get a response.

So, if I understand this Home Plug stuff right, I should only need one of these guys connected to my router and then the plug.

As far as my 722 goes, I just need to plug it into the wall with its power cord and I should be good to go?

Correct?

That's right. It works great with my 722. It is not working with my 222, but I suspect that the 222 is a bad unit.

That's right. It works great with my 722. It is not working with my 222, but I suspect that the 222 is a bad unit.
I plug one of my receivers into the router, and broadband works with my 211 receivers, but only if they're plugged directly into the outlet. I find that a multi-strip will cause connection problems. Maybe it's filtering the AC, and smoothing out the info riding on the 120Hz.

Last I checked, the 222 didn't have the correct software to run DishComm or even to have an active ethernet port. Can you even find a DishComm menu in the 222?

The software has been upgraded. My ethernet port works fine, just not Homeplug.

But thanks for your response.

Hugh

Resurrecting a bit of an old thread here ... hope I get a response.

So, if I understand this Home Plug stuff right, I should only need one of these guys connected to my router and then the plug.

As far as my 722 goes, I just need to plug it into the wall with its power cord and I should be good to go?

Correct?

Yes. Cyclone did a review and several tests with the 722 and HomePlug functionality. According to what he found, the 722 has HomePlug built in. I'll try to find his thread.

EDIT: Sorry. It was for the 622. It should be the same though, right? Here's the thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/103982-homeplug-built-into-622-how-cool.html

Yes. Cyclone did a review and several tests with the 722 and HomePlug functionality. According to what he found, the 722 has HomePlug built in. I'll try to find his thread.

EDIT: Sorry. It was for the 622. It should be the same though, right? Here's the thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/103982-homeplug-built-into-622-how-cool.html

I use a single Home Plug unit (sorry not at home and don't remember model) for both a Model 622 and a Model 722. It works fine for both.

As far as I know, the 222 does not yet support HomePlug. This may have been changed in a recent software update, but is more than likely coming "soon" (Note: In Dish terms "Soon" is defined as: some time in the next 0 to 20 years)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts