HomeWorx HW-150PVR

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
Anyone using one of these inexpensive boxes?
I'm mostly interested in how well it scans and receives OTA signals.

I have an older HD TV without a tuner. If I hook up this, will it just bring in just digital channels or HD too? Price seems too good to be true if it records. Whats the catch? Thanks

P.S Im referring to the Mediasonic hw-150 pvr

I have an older HD TV without a tuner. If I hook up this, will it just bring in just digital channels or HD too? Price seems too good to be true if it records. Whats the catch? Thanks

P.S Im referring to the Mediasonic hw-150 pvr

It's digital over the air channels, sd and hd as needed. There's no catch, it's built in China so is cheap. Add an external drive, and you can also record with it.

Bought one over the Xmas holidays. Works very well. Had to upgrade the software because the EPG was displaying the wrong date. Mediasonic was very quick to respond via email with update.

The guide data in the case of the cheap dvr's consists of whatever the local channels in your area themselves transmit. So, it could be good, or it could suck big time. In most areas, it's likely to only show 24 - 48 hours of guide at most. I have heard of some people being successful in contacting their local channels, and talking them into increasing the info in their particular guide that channel transmits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)