Jpar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Eastern Virginia
Hello,

Can some one help me with some information as to how to hook up a dish
300/500 to work with a Super Dish to be able to receive the
Sky Angel network. Super Dish is using a DP34 Switch.

Your help on this will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jpar

You would need a DPP44 switch and a DishPro LNB on the Dish 300

The DPP44 allows 4 inputs (110,119,superdish locals, 61.5) and 4 outputs.

Unless you only have AT60 or AT120, you could replace the 110 cable with the 61.5 dish (for Sky Angel). here are some knockoff shopping channels on 110.

Iceburg, Thanks for your prompt Reply concerning connecting Super Dish to
Angel Satellite Dish.

You are a bunch of Great Guys.

I do appreciate your Help!!

Jpar

Long Run Of Coax To Receivers

I do have another Super Dish problem. I got involved in installing 3- 311 in a system that was already installed. We were not aware of the long run of coax until we got on the sight. From Dish to TV sets about 230 Ft, to miss all the trees. Than they wanted a Super Dish to get Locals. Another tree limb was in the way. Had to set the Super dish about 20 ft to the side. Mounted the DP- 34 on the old dish 500 pipe. We get a signal strength about a 100 on 119, and 110. The 105 has a reading of about 55 which is usually passable.
The problem is we keep loosing 105, and have to keep re-peaking that doesen,t last. Is their a in line amp that will boost this up to take care of such a problem?? Those 30 mile trips are eating me up!!

Jpar

Your signals look good.

I don't think an amp would work..

Another option is use the DIsh500 for 110/119 and then use the Superdish for 105 only. That might help. Yuo can combine the outputs of the Dish500 and the output of the SD 105 to the DP34 switch

nope...some switches use power from the receiver..some use external power

The 105 satellite is lowered power to begin with and doesnt cover the whole US. In MN, a 50 is pretty good. I can get a 55 with a 30" dish aimed just perfect...

Iceberg,

Thanks ao much for your help and Input..
Hopefully, I will be able to help some one..

Jpar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts