Hooking 2 hd tvs to 1 hd reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Angiebee

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can tell how to hook 2 hd tvs to 1 hd reciever. The receiver is a Directv Model#HR22NC-100. The install guy told me to get a 3 module, which none of the guys at the electronics store knew what I was twalking about.
I got a component video cable and a audio cable. I ran the cables through a hole in the wall and I got picture. It's a great picture, but I can not get the sound to the 2nd tv. I've tried every configeration I could think of. can anyone help me.

Thanks,
Angiebee

If you have hooked up the component video and composite audio to the same input on the back of the TV and still aren't getting sound... make sure that Dolby Digital is turned off on the receiver. The receiver might also be turning the composite audio output off if you are using HDMI but I'm not 100% sure on that as it depends on how the box is programmed.

also, to zynergi, I did hook up the red & white cable. I thought I said that.

Forgive me, but I'm guiding you through from memory: You would control the DD through the Menu, Favs & Setup, Setup, then Sound or Audio. From there you should be able to find the Dolby Digital setting and make sure that it is set to off.

Again, if it is already off, check to make sure you have the composite audio (red/white) plugged into the correct jacks on the back of the TV. I don't know how many TV deliveries I made back in my retail days and goofed this...

Bateau980,
I checked and the ddolby digital is off and still no sound. I triple checked the red & white rca plugs and they are correct. It has got to something simple. I really don't want to pay someone $35-50 to just plug something or switch something.
A guy at work was telling me about a coaxial splitter or something. You have any idea what he ment?
Thanks for your help so far.

How do you have the main TV connected? If you have it connected via HDMI, you might try doing Component via splitters. I say my original thought about using HDMI would disable the composite audio jacks might be true.

Option 1: You can get simple RCA Y adapters that go from Male to dual Female and then connect two sets of Component+Composite up to the TVs. I'd imagine you should be able to find the Y cables for a couple bucks at Radio Shack, or any store that sell electronics.

Option 2: If your TV has a line (or monitor) out for audio, move the composite audio cables to that connection. If you get no sound out of the second TV this way, it's the TV's fault ;)

HDMI does NOT turn off the Composite audio. A simple Mirror is what your looking for to get the problem fixed.... if you dont want to do it this way then goto Radio Shack and get a Coaxial Input.

Get a RF Modulator plug it in... take the Red, White, Yellow and hook it up. Take a Coax RG-6 Line from the Out to TV port on the RF Modulator. Then just hook it up to the back of the other TV... Now this is not going to give you the BEST HD Signal... But you will have Signal and Sound... Just did 1 yesterday mirrored to a Vizio 42" and the Picture was amazing. So good Luck!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts