Hooking a 1000.2 to a DP34 switch

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
i am wanting to put up a 61.5 dish. i was thinking i could get a DP34 and hook the 2 lines from the 1000.2 and the one line from the 61.5 to the switch and make it work. you dont think that the built in switch in the 1000.2 lnb will cause any problems do ya? i guess i could unhook it since i won't need the 129 if i have the 61.5.

Why would you even consider using a DP34? The D1K.2 has a built in switch that allows you directly connect the 61.5; for a total of 4 orbitals. If you *must* use a DP34 with a D1K.2, you're best using a W-bracket with 3 DP Duals versus the DPP Triple.

i have to put the 61.5 on the other side of the house to try and make it over some trees. it is easier to run a wire to my attic opening and connection a switch then to run it all the way across the attic and out to the 1000.2 on the other side. all my connections are made at the attic opening so i don't have to crawl around in the attic.

i have to put the 61.5 on the other side of the house to try and make it over some trees. it is easier to run a wire to my attic opening and connection a switch then to run it all the way across the attic and out to the 1000.2 on the other side. all my connections are made at the attic opening so i don't have to crawl around in the attic.

man! just run a single wire from your 61.5 dish LNB to the IN port of the 1000.2!!!!!!

hooking that 1000.2 up to a DP 34 can cause you all kinds of grief, especially if you have any dual tuners using separators!!!! want to end up running even MORE wire??? its also not good to run a DPP switch into a DP switch!!!!

do it the simple way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)