Hooking TV 2 up to ViP 722k

fxtrtr

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
PA, United States
I'm sure this has been posted here before, and if so, my apologies; a link to that post would be much appreciated! That said, we are trying to connect tv 2 to our ViP 722k. TV 1 is in the bedroom, it is a new flat panel. TV 2 is an old Crosley projection TV (1997 I think). I have it set to channel 60 and have been able to get sound but no picture.

The receiver is set up to air for TV 2, on channel 60.

Would someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get the picture on this set? :confused:

Try 60/116 on the projector while the 722 is set to air 60 in the modulator setup screen.. Menu 6-1-5. If that doesn't work try changing the 722 to cable 73 then try putting the projector on 22/23/73. Since you are getting audio but no video, it makes me think you may have rca cables connected to the tv2 output.

First, change the channel to a much lower one that is not used by a local. You will have a stronger signal than from CH 60 and that could be the problem. Also you may have sound if your Dish receiver programs to TV2 one channel down from what your old crosly is tuned to, or being old, that may be the fine tuning on the crosly receiver is way off. Try tuning that and then change channels for a clearer analog picture on TV2

Hi Guys, tried both your suggestions - great audio, no video. It won't pick up anything when set to air, so we use the cable setting. Tried other channels too - still a no go. :-(

What channel are you getting the audio on? One this also to try that would tell us if it is the coax or television would be hooking up another television to the line and see if you can get video and audio on that one. If it doesn't work then we know to go towards the receiver instead of towards the television in troubleshooting.

Hi Jason,
We get audio on 73. We get zip on 60. I'm going to look around for a dvd or vcr that uses coax and hook it up to see if the problem lies in the tv itself.

We had to use a 12dB amplifier on the modulated output from our vip722 to get a signal from our basement Dish setup to another tv on the main floor. Idiots had used rg59 cable in the walls instead of rg6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)